MP40 Newbie

andyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Recently added some GSP to our marine X 110. The wife says it looks like its head on into gale force winds. We have it set to Reefcrest at 60%.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Photos to show mp40 position in relation to coral and also side profile to show effects of flow.

thanks andy and mags

image.jpg image.jpg

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You may want to move it to an area with a little bit lower flow. It should move around but not necessarily be getting blown around crazy :)

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Recently added some GSP to our marine X 110. The wife says it looks like its head on into gale force winds. We have it set to Reefcrest at 60%.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Photos to show mp40 position in relation to coral and also side profile to show effects of flow.

thanks andy and mags

image.jpg image.jpg
You can program the flow schedule via mobius if you want to drop it a little or you can move the GSP. Its incredibly controllable

OP
OP
A

andyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to move it to an area with a little bit lower flow. It should move around but not necessarily be getting blown around crazy :)
Thanks for your reply, do you think 60% is the right speed setting for the vortech is just the coral positioned incorrectly?

OP
OP
A

andyJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can program the flow schedule via mobius if you want to drop it a little or you can move the GSP. Its incredibly controllable
Thanks, I (Mags) wondered if dropping the flow percentage down would be worth a try, we run at 60% but when dropped to 30% it seemed to have some relief whilst still moving around. What would your go to schedule be?

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I run my mp40 at 70, all depends on what your needs are. As stated by @REEFTIDE you can adjust it and play around with the different modes. Best of luck :)

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL I'm running my MP-10 at like 10% in my 45g cube. It was just too powerful and blowing my sand all over. Love how you can dial them into exactly what you want.

Just keep playing around with it till you get the flow that you want.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back