Mpatient's Empty Nester Celebration Waterbox Frag 165.6 Build

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My time has come! This single mom moved her one and only child to college last week. I apparently raised a genius (must be a recessive gene :D) because she earned a full ride scholarship. With that being said, I have found myself with a surplus of funds from the college savings I have been contributing to since she was an embryo. After my mandatory 15 minute ugly-cry on the drive home, I decided to skim a bit off the top of said funds, and make some home improvements. Of course a new tank is included. In my eyes, it does improve my home.;)

I have decided to go with the Waterbox Frag 165.6. I wanted a 6' tank and I love the idea of a shallow reef. It will be so nice not to have to put my entire arm into the tank when cleaning. My last tank was a complete DIY build, and I learned so much. For this build I just want to plug the sucker in the wall and have fun.

I have placed the order for everything yesterday. First time I have ever filled my cart with everything needed for a build. I was like a a giddy little girl at Christmas. I am bringing my 2 Radions, 2 Versa dosing pumps, ATO, media reactor, live rock, and livestock from my current 90g tank.

Equipment List.

WB Frag 165.6 (white cabinet) - 72 x 25 x 16

B87CFAF0-ED65-4DEE-82B4-37CD38C8400B.jpeg

Lighting: 4 Radion XR15 Pro with single arm mounts
Protein Skimmer: Maxpect Aeraqua Duo AD600
Flow: ETM Vortech MP40 (2)
Return Pump: ETM Vectra M2
Dosing - ETM Versa (2)
Heater: Inkbird Controller with Titanium Heater Element
Fuge Light: Tunze Eco Chic Refugium Light 8831
Reactor: BRS Deluxe
ATO - Duetto
Rock - Caribsea Liferock - 80lbs from current tank and 80lbs currently seeded in a tub.
Substrate: Tropic Eden Meso and Mini Reef Flakes

*Note: No Apex or other controller. The vast majority of my equipment is ETM, and I will use Mobius (which I agree is lacking). I'd rather spend the money on livestock.

Tank should be here in a week or so. In the mean time, I am having the entire house interior painted and will be removing all carpet from bedrooms/office and replacing it with luxury vinyl tile planks ( WATERPROOF!). This isn't your mother's vinyl flooring. I was skeptical at first, but saw it in person and it looks amazing. Cannot wait to get that nasty carpet out of my house!

Will share pics along the way!

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dimensions of this tank are awesome, I love long and shallow. Can’t wait to see the build!

OP
OP
mpatient

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this! Not trackable yet, but things are going to go fast! The office is being painted today and floors will be installed next Thursday. I have re-painted the furniture and even built a new desk (#girlswithpowertools).
I have to say @Waterbox Aquariums has had stellar customer service thus far. They have answered all my questions and even called me to verify an order change.
tempsnip.png

Posting pics of my little IM 20g office tank. Everything will be going in the WB once set up. I need to clean the 90g today, and will post pics afterward.
5.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg

OP
OP
mpatient

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is the day!! Floors are being put in AND the tank arrives. It is coming via FedEx Freight and I have not yet been notified of any delays. Fingers crossed it shows up today. (I am not a FedEx fan). It has been a very busy week. Furniture and wall painting is done. Rooms are cleared out waiting for the carpet to be ripped out. The space has been made in the garage and is ready for the tank. Most of the new equipment is arriving at the same time, so it is going to be like Christmas! Hoping to have the stand done tonight or tomorrow because help will be here on Saturday to move the tank into the house. More pics to come.

e.jpg p.jpg q (2).jpg

w.jpg

r.jpg

OP
OP
mpatient

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its here. Not sure if it is hot mess in that crate yet, but will soon find out. The delivery was a near disaster. Again, NOT a FedEx fan. It arrived on a severely damaged pallet that was not suitable for the weight. I am not sure how it was even loaded into the truck. They definitely did not send their best man for the job. I'd post a series of videos I took, but I am no tech savvy enough to bleep out the expletives coming out of my mouth every time I heard the palette crack.

I managed to get the top off and inspect, and things look good from the top. Will dismantle the rest of crate to check out the corner. Will need to bolster the tanks until it is moved because this pallet won't make it through the night.

The tank is truly beautiful, and BIG. I realized i am going to need more rock. Sump is too heavy for me to get out solo, so a neighbor is coming over to help later.

Will post pics then,

b.jpg
j.jpg
K.jpg

OP
OP
mpatient

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its coming! It has been a crazy busy week. Got the tank move in. I was nervous, but it actually went smooth. I am filling it up now Will post pics later today.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back