• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

MQ-510 Full Spectrum Underwater LED PAR Meter - Apogee

OP
OP
moonwaxx

moonwaxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well I just
broke down and bought a new one.
Possibly rent it out down the road. who knows..

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the same boat. Trying to decide which one to get for this new t5 fixture. The thing is wicked powerful judging by my corals! Is the 510 the gold standard?

OP
OP
moonwaxx

moonwaxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes as far as I know. It is capable of accurate par readings from all light sources. which I need as I run Radions, orpheks and T5's on my systems. It should prove to be a good tool moving forward.. I may consider renting it out at some point as well. we shall see.
I have rented it several times in the past from BRS but Im re-lamping my grow out and have new Orpheks I am testing out to see if I want to change over to them on my display. So having it for a week wasn't really a option this time. Plus its gonna be nice to have it on hand when I place new frags in the display or grow out in the future. My display is quite grown out and will be doing a major cut back on most the SPS colonies for up coming shows. Then plan to re seed with with new variety of frags.

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’m just gonna buy one as I’m 3 hours from a fish store and I don’t think they have a par meter and I don’t really want to constantly rent from BRS. It’s an investment but I don’t mind buying quality tools.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back