Mr. Crabs! Stop eating my soft coral!

waverider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up a gorgeous red and blue giant hermit crab. Figured I could use some more clean up crew and this is my first crab. LFS says they're coral "safe".. a few hours in and my son and I are watching him -we name him "Mr. Crabs" from Spongebob. That very second as we are watching, he turbos his way up a rock, sits on a small Xenia and starts ripping it up. I mean little Xenia arms were flying everywhere. And he's looking right at me the whole time. I grabbed a feeding tube rod and knocked him off. He knew he was guilty because he took off into the caves of my live rock and is still hiding in the back. A small xenia frag no big deal, but if he touches one of my torches or Gonipora I think Mr. Crabs is making a trip to Bikini Bottom

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My snowflake eel decided after nearly a year in the same tank as Mr. Crabs, that Mr. Crabs smelled tasty. That was Mr. Crabs second chance at reform because he had already been exiled from my reef tank for doing exactly what yours is doing. Drop him in a predator tank with an eel and some puffers. Teach the son about nature. ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back