OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. It's definitely been more than a day since my last promise of an update lol
I've got some cool news though that will, for real this time, have to wait until tomorrow! @LRT I got some gold today, I can't wait to share it all with you guys!

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
IMG_1757.JPG
IMG_1765.JPG
IMG_1766.JPG
Is that sometime of flounder?

OP
OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that sometime of flounder?
Yes! It's a species of sole called a Hog Choker, they get to a maximum of maybe 5" and play nice with most reef-sized inverts. I've had some trouble getting him to eat, but I know he's eating something because he's gained a good amount of weight since I got him. Super cool fish and very hard to find.

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! It's a species of sole called a Hog Choker, they get to a maximum of maybe 5" and play nice with most reef-sized inverts. I've had some trouble getting him to eat, but I know he's eating something because he's gained a good amount of weight since I got him. Super cool fish and very hard to find.
What have you been feeding him? Spot feeding?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. It's definitely been more than a day since my last promise of an update lol
I've got some cool news though that will, for real this time, have to wait until tomorrow! @LRT I got some gold today, I can't wait to share it all with you guys!
Oh man I'm sure its going to be nice:)

OP
OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have you been feeding him? Spot feeding?
I've tried that a few times, but he just gets scared by the turkey baster lol I think he's been eating pods to be honest, I've seen him all over the tank at night. I really do want to get him onto prepared foods soon though, I may hatch some live brine and try that out.

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried that a few times, but he just gets scared by the turkey baster lol I think he's been eating pods to be honest, I've seen him all over the tank at night. I really do want to get him onto prepared foods soon though, I may hatch some live brine and try that out.
I’m interested to follow that as well! Super cool! I’ve spent the last 1/2 hour window shopping on gulf specimens, super cool unique livestock!

OP
OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that pitcher plant too! I have an aquarium membership because their tropical section has pitched plants and i love to just sit under them! They are so amazing!
I'm guessing to the Chattanooga Aquarium? My family has gone there for years! We live in GA about two hours south of it, but it's by far our favorite one yet! Those plants were what got me into carnivorous plants, believe it or not!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time! (keep in mind, halfway through taking pics I realized how to use my camera correctly so there my be some discrepancy between different pics)
For context. A few weeks ago I bought an anemone from my LFS for $50 because they had no idea what it was. I'm still pretty sure it's a condy, but it may be an LTA. This thing is massive, the oral disc it at least 5" across.
IMG_1828.JPG

The photos don't show it very well, but it's got pink tips and blue tentacles.
On the note of anemones, some of you who've been following since my previous tank may know I had a massive LTA for a while. What happened to it?
I'll show you!
IMG_1833.JPG

While he isn't doing 100% right now, he is doing far, far better than he was. During the nearly 4 month time my LFS was holding him (thanks guys!), he got some sort of infection and was slowly shrinking. I don't know if he already had it beforehand (most likely) or got it at the store (less likely but still possible). Anyways, I decided to try and treat him with Cipro using @OrionN's method, and it worked wonderfully! His mouth is tightly shut right now and I'm hoping he will regain his massive size with time.
Now on to the tank! All algae was subsided for the most part and I've began to need to supplement the diet of my sea hare. The sand is free from Cyano and diatoms (which I experienced both of in the first two weeks) and the only algae left is a few tufts of bryopsis, which my hare has been chowing down on.
IMG_1863.JPG

I may turn up the blues here in a few days, I'm not sure.
Now, ono to the coral pics! First I'll go through the corals I've already had for a while.

IMG_1818.JPG
IMG_1820.JPG
IMG_1825.JPG
IMG_1826.JPG
IMG_1827.JPG
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1848.JPG
IMG_1853.JPG
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1852.JPG

And now, on to my bounties from the frag show!
Yesterday, Coral Farmer's Market hosted an event only about 45 minutes south of where I live. I decided to go, and set a budget of $300.
The event was relatively loosely packed for COVID reasons, so there were only maybe 8 vendors there. Everyone was friendly with each other and were just overall friendly. I made several great contacts lol
On with the pics!
BMFimpossible11-8-2020.png

BMF Impossible Tenuis, given to me for free! Forgive the grainy photos, it only gets worse lol
Bowerbanki11-8-2020.png

A single polyp of no-name Bowerbanki, about an inch across. It's closed up right now due to me having moved it a few minutes before.
DragonRider11-8-2020.png
A heavily whited out pic of a very healthy Dragon Fruit Montipora. Trust me, in person it's vibrant pink!
GonzoGolden11-8-2020.png

@LRT Gonzo Golden Dragon with massive bubbles! The shroom itself is about an inch across, so the biggest bounce is nearly 1/4"! I got it for $50 lol
PinkCadillac11-8-2020.png

A nice Pink Cadillac frag (1 & 1/2") that I got for $15!
PinkMillie11-8-2020.png

An amazing pink millie with 5 growth tips! The other three are behind it in the pic. Can't recall the name, any acro experts out there?
RedAnacropora11-8-2020.png

And finally, a sucky pic of an anacropora I bought. This and the Monti pic suffered the same fate of unbalanced whites, making both of them look ugly as all heck. Both this and the monti are a matching vibrant pink.

And finally, a goodbye flounder!
IMG_1816.JPG

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time! (keep in mind, halfway through taking pics I realized how to use my camera correctly so there my be some discrepancy between different pics)
For context. A few weeks ago I bought an anemone from my LFS for $50 because they had no idea what it was. I'm still pretty sure it's a condy, but it may be an LTA. This thing is massive, the oral disc it at least 5" across.
IMG_1828.JPG

On the note of anemones, some of you who've been following since my previous tank may know I had a massive LTA for a while. What happened to it?
I'll show you!
IMG_1833.JPG

While he isn't doing 100% right now, he is doing far, far better than he was. During the nearly 4 month time my LFS was holding him (thanks guys!), he got some sort of infection and was slowly shrinking. I don't know if he already had it beforehand (most likely) or got it at the store (less likely but still possible). Anyways, I decided to try and treat him with Cipro using @OrionN's method, and it worked wonderfully! His mouth is tightly shut right now and I'm hoping he will regain his massive size with time.
Now on to the tank! All algae was subsided for the most part and I've began to need to supplement the diet of my sea hare. The sand is free from Cyano and diatoms (which I experienced both of in the first two weeks) and the only algae left is a few tufts of bryopsis, which my hare has been chowing down on.
IMG_1863.JPG

Now, ono to the coral pics! First I'll go through the corals I've already had for a while.

IMG_1818.JPG
IMG_1820.JPG
IMG_1825.JPG
IMG_1826.JPG
IMG_1827.JPG
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1848.JPG
IMG_1853.JPG
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1852.JPG

Yesterday, Coral Farmer's Market hosted an event only about 45 minutes south of where I live. I decided to go, and set a budget of $300.
The event was relatively loosely packed for COVID reasons, so there were only maybe 8 vendors there. Everyone was friendly with each other and were just overall friendly. I made several great contacts lol
On with the pics!

BMF Impossible Tenuis, given to me for free! Forgive the grainy photos, it only gets worse lol
Bowerbanki11-8-2020.png

A single polyp of no-name Bowerbanki, about an inch across. It's closed up right now due to me having moved it a few minutes before.
DragonRider11-8-2020.png
A heavily whited out pic of a very healthy Dragon Fruit Montipora. Trust me, in person it's vibrant pink!
GonzoGolden11-8-2020.png

@LRT Gonzo Golden Dragon with massive bubbles! The shroom itself is about an inch across, so the biggest bounce is nearly 1/4"! I got it for $50 lol

PinkMillie11-8-2020.png

An amazing pink millie with 5 growth tips! The other three are behind it in the pic. Can't recall the name, any acro experts out there?

And finally, a sucky pic of an anacropora I bought. This and the Monti pic suffered the same fate of unbalanced whites, making both of them look ugly as all heck. Both this and the monti are a matching vibrant pink.

IMG_1816.JPG
Hahaha I must have posted at same time!
Very nice never seen a gonzo with so many bounces:)

OP
OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha I must have posted at same time!
Very nice never seen a gonzo with so many bounces:)
I know! That's what made me jump on it. The same vendor (BMF Signature Corals, they've got great stuff) had another Gonzo, two Magic Carpets and a Reefkoi bounce. I would have bought the reefkoi as well, but I wanted to conserve my cash for the next booth I was stopping at.

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1828.JPG

I'll show you!
IMG_1833.JPG

IMG_1863.JPG

IMG_1818.JPG
IMG_1820.JPG
IMG_1825.JPG
IMG_1826.JPG
IMG_1827.JPG
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1848.JPG
IMG_1853.JPG
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1852.JPG

On with the pics!

Bowerbanki11-8-2020.png

DragonRider11-8-2020.png
GonzoGolden11-8-2020.png

PinkMillie11-8-2020.png

IMG_1816.JPG
Looks great! Minus the flounder... NOOOOO!!!

OP
OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Minus the flounder... NOOOOO!!!
I think you misunderstand lol That's not what I meant, I was saying goodbye because the post was done, and I put the flounder pic at the end just as a little treat. He is very much alive and well, he buried in the sand seconds after the pic was taken. Sorry for the confusion!

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you misunderstand lol That's not what I meant, I was saying goodbye because the post was done, and I put the flounder pic at the end just as a little treat. He is very much alive and well, he buried in the sand seconds after the pic was taken. Sorry for the confusion!
If it was goodbye..... I hear they make a delicious dinner dish! Haha joking!

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my friend, glad to hear it! Haha. The tank is beautiful! Would you recommend a hog choker for a noob?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back