• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

MRC Protein Skimmer MR2

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be picking up the skimmer I said above and wondering how much I could sell it for? It also comes with a collection cup and it appears it retails for $600.

9576C48F-A3B4-486B-B0DC-B2F5B42E1EFF.jpeg

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great skimmers! I run 3 MR-1. MR-2 handles up to 300 gal. I would keep it unless you got no use for it. Champion lighting sells them $550.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some previous for sale threads if that helps.

OP
OP
Fishbro

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you guys think I could get maybe $300 shipped for it with the collection cup? $400 seems a little high now.

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s worth $300, and I would get it but I don’t have use for it right now, maybe for a future set up. Compared to all the thin molded, made in China big name skimmers out there, for the same price or more, this would be my choice. Plus something to think about these days, MADE in the USA!

Reefpharmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbh you gotta get an old timer to buy one of those. No offense to anyone, but those skimmers aren’t the “latest” design. Some people would buy and run them on a mid to large tank but it will be harder to sell than a comparable newer skimmer. The only skimmer that consistently sells from that era is lifereef. Again, you can probably sell it, but consider whether you are selling a pump with it and some of those sales threads sat around for a while.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back