MS members check in

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon huh. I grew up off old Fannin in flowood. And I’m not sure what’s up with Jackson fish and coral but Greg has always been super friendly and knowledgeable. It’s nice to finally know that there are some reefers close by.

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my peppermint shrimp keeps aptasia at bay to the point I don’t believe it’s in my tank any more. Not real sure you can have a tank and not ever get it. But what do I know I’m new to this all as well. Been reefing about a year now. Something about watching your ecosystem in a glass cage flourish that’s good to the soul.

MrsJones91011

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon huh. I grew up off old Fannin in flowood. And I’m not sure what’s up with Jackson fish and coral but Greg has always been super friendly and knowledgeable. It’s nice to finally know that there are some reefers close by.
OH don't get me wrong, everyone there was beyond nice! Especially to me being a newb and not knowing anything. I was just surprised by the amount of aiptasia. But perhaps it is just a feeding source for the filefish!

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA to Jackson MS. What a change. I’m sure your aware it’s a different world over here. Not sure what brings you but unless it’s family or a lot of money; I would really question the move. Either way always nice to have new reefers near by.

Shanasman450

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see it's been a bit since the last check in. I'm from Pontotoc. My wife decided she wanted an aquarium and I talked her into a saltwater setup. So far I get the feeling there's not many place or people to turn to for some face to face interaction so I'm looking forward to making some connections here.

Jason Truong

Tiger King
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see it's been a bit since the last check in. I'm from Pontotoc. My wife decided she wanted an aquarium and I talked her into a saltwater setup. So far I get the feeling there's not many place or people to turn to for some face to face interaction so I'm looking forward to making some connections here.
Good luck man we come few and far . From tupelo/jackson

Aquanic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m from Olive Branch, just south of Memphis.
I’m just getting started and am getting my 1st tank ready.
So much to learn for a first-timer.
Nitrogen cycle, quarantine, acclimation, water changes...
Huh?? Still so much to learn before I dive in head first!
If you haven't been already, i highly suggest checking out Desoto Aquatics in Southaven.

RickLRMS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Pontotoc, have slowly been progressing my RSR 525. First corals are almost through quarantine, need to order more fish and start their quarantine.

Jogging stroller dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, not a lot of reefing in Mississippi as a whole.
Nate D. Madison Mississippi

8CFE006E-3043-4190-9E2C-8720EAD52421.jpeg

Last edited:

Boaz1021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, not a lot of reefing in Mississippi as a whole.
Nate D. Madison Mississippi

8CFE006E-3043-4190-9E2C-8720EAD52421.jpeg
I'm in Flowood with my 150gallon long, and I helped a friend of mine in Brandon get his 220 going a few months ago... so we're not completely missing in MS. lol 20220730_155808.jpg

Jogging stroller dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Flowood with my 150gallon long, and I helped a friend of mine in Brandon get his 220 going a few months ago... so we're not completely missing in MS. lol 20220730_155808.jpg
That’s a great looking set up! I love the swim throughs. What kind of sump and system are you using?

KalamazooReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oxford, MS here, brother. You still in the game?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back