MS members check in

Boaz1021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Brandon, (East of Jackson, Slightly north of Flowood). I have a 150Gallon tank that I spent months cleaning and getting it ready to put everything in.

Currently, It's been up for about a month and has been cycled (Dr. Tim's Fishless Cycle), all parameters are good and now I have fish, corals and inverts all in the tank. I have 2 black and white clown fish (my daughter calls them "Emo Nemo's", 1 diamond goby, 2 blue damsels, 2 Halloween Hermit Crabs, 2 Emerald Crabs, several snails, and a peppermint shrimp. As far as corals go, I have 2 Zoas and 1 favia (from the zoas.com sale a couple of weeks back), a Xenia and Frogspawn from my LFS (Jackson Fish and Coral), I just ordered 6 more corals from the "ReefTide Live Sale" that just ended tonight... I just couldn't help myself. lol.

I am in "outside sales", which basically means that I travel the whole state of MS for work and am usually in Tupelo/Olive Branch/ Oxford/ Hattiesburg/Laurel/ Starkville/Columbus, etc. on a weekly basis, just depending on the work load and what's going on.

I have just found this section of Reef2Reef, so I wanted to introduce myself and if I can help anyone, just let me know.

MrsJones91011

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all! Brandon, MS here!! Cycling my 65 gallon with 65 lbs of live rock currently! I went to Jackson Fish and Coral once to look around. Saw a good bit of aiptasia in frag tank and fish tanks as well. Just keep a close eye on your frag bases from there!

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jackson MS here. Was going on. just trying to touch base with some local reefers.

Boaz1021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hardly a Reefer at this time! Tank has been up and running for, oh, 5ish weeks now lol But I will get there! I'm in Brandon. Hey neighbor!
I'm in "4-7 Brandon" so, we might really be neighbors. Lol.

I head asked about the Aiptasia and was told that they keep Aiptasia in some of the fish tanks specifically for file fish, etc that eat it, so that it'll have food when it comes in. I didn't see any Aiptasia in the frag tanks though. I've bought several frags from there so far without an issue.

You wouldn't happen to be the lady I was talking to at PetSmart this weekend, are you?

MrsJones91011

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in "4-7 Brandon" so, we might really be neighbors. Lol.

I head asked about the Aiptasia and was told that they keep Aiptasia in some of the fish tanks specifically for file fish, etc that eat it, so that it'll have food when it comes in. I didn't see any Aiptasia in the frag tanks though. I've bought several frags from there so far without an issue.

You wouldn't happen to be the lady I was talking to at PetSmart this weekend, are you?
Well, that'd make sense about the aiptasia. There was a big whopper one on a zoa I was looking at, though! And I am in Goshen Springs/Pisgah area so we are super close potentially lol

I was at Petsmart this weekend getting some stuff for a Quarantine tank The only person I spoke to was the cashier. Was that you? Lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back