Multiple AI Prime HD lights synced but not outputting same color

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two AI Prime HDs bought within two months of each other controlled as one parent and one child in myAI. My thought with only having one schedule would be that the lights would match in the color they are outputting but one of my units is always a little more green. This is most evident during ramp up/down when there's very little to no white as this washes out the color difference. I don't think buying them at the same time would have changed this since I don't expect the output from a single unit to change with an additional two months of use. Has anyone had this issue before? I've wiped down the lenses of both to see if there was maybe something on one of them but that didn't change anything. Do you think resetting each individual light and then pairing them together would help? Below are pictures showing the difference, try to figure out which one is more purple and which is more green. It's really hard to capture in a picture but when the light gets down to the sand it is very evident (even in the water column it is very evident).

DSC02595.JPG
DSC02589.JPG
DSC02588.JPG

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you might have an LED out on one light. I'd try manually raising one channel at a time to see if they all work on both lights.

OP
OP
pluikens

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you might have an LED out on one light. I'd try manually raising one channel at a time to see if they all work on both lights.
Funny you said that. I actually just tried that with a towel between the light and tank and didn't notice any big difference. All of the LEDs light under each light. Thanks for the suggestion!

Marcus2492

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever figure out the soulution I have been having the same problem only one light is visually more blue than the other.

OP
OP
pluikens

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting replacement lenses from AI for both lights. I suspect that one of them had gotten too hot (like from having it lens-down on my desk when first plugging it in) which discolored the lens. New lenses weren't too much for the lights to now match. They can be found here: https://shop.aquaillumination.com/c...fiftytwo-twentysix-80-degree-replacement-lens

I know they are listed for the FiftyTwo and TwentySix but they work for the Prime HD too.

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem when I punched my tank it came with the lights. After 2 weeks one went out and AI replaced the light no problem but I noticed that the new light on the ramp down stage was more purple then the other. I contacted AI once again and they rushed me a light out ASAP. The rep told me that I could try the light and if it matched either one just send back the odd ball one. They were excellent help and had awesome customer service.

IBernE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine don't really match colors either. Two Ai primes paired up and synced. I always tried to ignore it but it's kind of annoying to see two slightly different colors on the left and the right side. So changing these lenses could help?

Chippypip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the same problem. I’ve been bouncing emails back and forth with the retailer who’ve now contacted the distributor in the U.K. to contact me. It’s really noticeable in the blues but also the white. The funny thing is that both lights are showing differences.

Of course when these are mixed up into a profile, they are all over the place.

I hope I can get an explanation and more importantly, replacements which give the colours evenly for what are an pretty expensive purchase.

C235C809-3342-47C8-A444-E39990DC00AC.jpeg A68170DF-E909-4BE7-BB34-3F47D4424FF9.jpeg 780B7E0D-9C02-40A7-A0AA-2D0E5E8BDCE7.jpeg

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a warranty issue or as another post mentioned, if you lay them face down and turn them on, they will burn material they are touching and can damage the lens. If you ever had them face down and turned them on, you damaged the lens. IF not, its a warranty issue.

Chippypip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The distributor is picking them up via courier tomorrow. I fitted them to the AI brackets before I turned them on. Here’s hoping they sort them out. I’m sure they will.

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should go well. Out of the box that should not happen. I've seen a few pics where someone had them on a couch or tile floor and they were on long enough to cause damage to the resting surface. If it was quick, it can simply melt enough not to notice on the resting surface, but enough to leave material on the lens. I'm sure it will work out. They are great lights and you will be happy with them once this is sorted out.

Chippypip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update.

The lights are now back on the tank and I’m pleased to say that DD Aquarium have sorted the lights.

They replaced the pucks from the same production run and also the driver boards. Both are running fine.

John C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's an old thread but I've got the exact same problem as you describe. I got in contact with aqua illumination (and have to say that their support is the best I ever come across!) and after sending them some pictures taken of my two lights and a link to this thread, they gave me a reference number and told me to contact D-D.

Hope to get them sorted soon. My left light is sooo much more purple than my right one it's ridiculous

Traestephens4536

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's an old thread but I've got the exact same problem as you describe. I got in contact with aqua illumination (and have to say that their support is the best I ever come across!) and after sending them some pictures taken of my two lights and a link to this thread, they gave me a reference number and told me to contact D-D.

Hope to get them sorted soon. My left light is sooo much more purple than my right one it's ridiculous
I have this same issue if you get the number can you post it so I can figure mine out as well?

John C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this same issue if you get the number can you post it so I can figure mine out as well?
Hi, I'm quite sure that my reference number is connected to my personal information and my chat with AI. Contact them and tell them about your problem and that you want a reference number in order to get help from D&D.

I got a brand new light to replace the faulty one, but neither från AI nor D&D, but from my local fish store.

noobreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this same problem but with 2 hydra 32s, I dont know whats going on so I am going to send ai an email today, i'll share my findings (if I have any)

Picture of the tank

Picture of left hydra puck:
IMG_6120 (2).JPG

Picture of right hydra puck:
IMG_6116 (2).JPG

I tried factory resetting, and updating the lights but it did nothing...

a hill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I have two Prime 16 HD purchased recently at the same time and they do not match either. Both are the same profile. I have reset multiple times, made two separate tank profiles with the same light profile and everything in between. They never sat on anything while on. Mounted them with the AI 18" gooseneck.

Guess I'll have to give them a call. Really wonderful lights overall.
IMG_8246.jpeg

I believe this is the same settings for both. Angle + iPhone plus the left going through an algae bloom make the photo representative of what was seen then but useless for diagnostics I figure.

-Andrew

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back