Multiple Issues with newly acquired breeding setup!!!

Gunnyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
A little introduction first, I have been breeding clowns for a year or so and have been doing great so far. Several successful pairs producing healthy fish. About a week ago I was able to purchase an entire breeding operation that has been running for nearly 8-10 years with 18 adult pairs of clowns. Many really cool varieties. My problem is I believe all of these fish have internal parasites and brook to top it off. Currently the pairs are living in 2 100 gallon systems, each in a 10 gallon plumbed to a shared sump.
Salinity 1.025
Temp 79
White stringy poop
White/mucus skin just started today.
I dosed rally pro 5ml/system today.
I have prazipro, inch x and ordered formalin ms today. I also have focus, metroplex, and all the other seachem powders.
DC99A000-C0D7-4DBF-BDF3-FF020C1DDA17.jpeg
image.jpg

OP
OP
G

Gunnyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was Brook and an internal parasite, I ended up loosing 5 males and 2 females from the breeding pairs and roughly 1050 clowns ranging in size from 3/4-2”. I treated with metro for 14 days in the tanks combined with medicated food.

Johnnyg.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was Brook and an internal parasite, I ended up loosing 5 males and 2 females from the breeding pairs and roughly 1050 clowns ranging in size from 3/4-2”. I treated with metro for 14 days in the tanks combined with medicated food.
That’s the worst news ever. This hobby can be heart wrenching. Are you back up and running?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about that Gunny but thanks for the update.

Brook is brutal.

Back