Multiple Tangs in one Reef? - Powder Blue Rescue and curbing tang aggression

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multiple Tangs in one Reef? - Powder Blue Rescue and curbing tang aggression! I ended up with a powder blue tang on my doorstep needing a home, I was extremely worried about adding it with my hippo tang.. (who actually didn't care..) It was the Yellow tang that seemed to have a superiority complex. Luckily a little trick seemed to curve that.

How has been your guys experiences with multiple tangs in one tank? Have you had any issues or have you had long term success?

Day two already seemed to be alot more peaceful.. today is day 3, so we shall see soon!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I hope your tangs are still getting along - and suspect that they are.

Glad to see your bluejaw trigger getting along with your shrimp, too - mine didn't. Over the few months it was in the tank, five sexies, two bloods and a skunk cleaner vanished. Anything special you're doing to keep yours peaceful?

~Bruce, who will probably wind up with a powderblue, purple and kole (existing) in his tank. Or maybe a hippo, achilles, purple and kole . . . or . . . . (>__<)

OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experiment as long as you feed well the fish don’t seem to cause any issues. I’m happy to report that it’s day 3 and no issues with the tangs. The yellow and powder blue each keep to their own cave areas.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back