Murphy's law.... Disease the morning i leave for vacacion!

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yesterday, After 14d under copper treatment that i started on July-19th, i added my tang back to main tank to see how he would react.
Today i can see white dot...
Confirming fluke is not the issue. Pretty sure now it's velvet.

i'm considering tearing my tank down to catch all fish.
I changed my mind because i had some issue with some Acro, i found some tiny tiny white bug on my acro AND AEFW on one colony. What a day!! :p i have been suspecting AEFW a while back (october of last year) , but i had not seen any bite marks since last october. at the time i treated most of my acros and my wrasses were probly doing some king of population control.
AND
I have red turf algae.

I would take the opportunity to remove all acros and treat with Interceptor (white bugs) and weekly potassium dip/turkey baster (AEFW), transfer acros in my 25g tank hooked on my dT system, remove rocks, catch fish for QT and bleach my rock to remove those unwanted red algae.

I'm trying to come up with a plan that won't kill all my acros!

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like ripping off a bandaid. You just need to grin and bear it. You'll appreciate your pest-free display after it's over.

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just found my watchman goby dead :(

P8032749.JPG
P8032747.JPG
P8032748.JPG

OP
OP
david p.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally decided to put the fish i had in QT back in the DT. I was unable to cath the rest of my fish. And i was unable to convince myself to tear my tank down to catch them.
Total body count: 3x Vanderbuild chromis; Labouti Wrasse; Red Mandarin; Watchman Goby. None of these fish showed signs before they died...

I'm still unsure about Velvet, based on reading and friends experience... it's a tank killer and all fish seems healthy (but those that died did too...:( )

Maybe a bad case of fluke i catched to late... even with the prazipro treatment, it was to late for some...

I will keep you posted if i lose anythng else.

Back