Mushroom and plug size question

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mushrooms keep dividing and now I need to get rid of a few. I only have 1.5" plugs and some mushrooms are up to 3" in diameter. Would you care or do you think other people buying one would will care if a 3" mushroom is on a 1.5" plug? I would like to avoid buying a bunch of new plugs if possible. Thanks

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly nobody will care about the size of the plug. The issue you might run into if the stay on the frag rack for too long is the mushrooms attaching to the rack I. Search of space.

Let’s see the babies!!!

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly nobody will care about the size of the plug. The issue you might run into if the stay on the frag rack for too long is the mushrooms attaching to the rack I. Search of space.

Let’s see the babies!!!

Here are pictures from about a month ago (sorry, the first one is out of focus). Almost every Ricordea has split at least once. The green ones at the top are about 3" each. The fuzzy mushrooms at the bottom of the second picture are also about 3" each. I plan to get rid of any multiples and get down to one of each. They all started at about the size of a quarter in the spring and just keep growing.

1634692408670.png

1634692427499.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back