Mushroom Coral has relocated to the sand

flotation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friendly neighbourhood mushroom coral (just one as he's new) has detached itself from its regular spot and is now chilling on the sand (gravely crushed stuff, not fine sand), not on a rock or a disc. Should I relocate him? If so, do you have any tips on how to get him to attach himself safely somewhere?

He looked like he was in the process of going for a walk from his normal spot, so I turned off one of my fans so he could make his first steps, and when I woke up he was about 12 inches away and sitting in the sand.

thanks!

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friendly neighbourhood mushroom coral (just one as he's new) has detached itself from its regular spot and is now chilling on the sand (gravely crushed stuff, not fine sand), not on a rock or a disc. Should I relocate him? If so, do you have any tips on how to get him to attach himself safely somewhere?

He looked like he was in the process of going for a walk from his normal spot, so I turned off one of my fans so he could make his first steps, and when I woke up he was about 12 inches away and sitting in the sand.

thanks!
Put a ceramic tile under the spot it chose. That's home now.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back