Mushroom ID please

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Before I make an attempt to eradicate these from my tank I want to make sure they are nothing special. Im an SPS guy and these somehow these made it in. I got about 12 or so to remove. I have pretty much no clue when it come to mushrooms. Thanks in advance

Here are two pics. Same shroom different light and camera
DSCN0973_zps92f9bba5.jpg

C3AAF8F4-0BA0-43F1-90F7-3ED7E192C4B9-1435-000001EA5AD3F487_zps860198b2.jpg

Last edited:

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry can't help with what they are but interested in how you will be removing them I have a few that came into my tank by accident as well. They are very unforgiving when they touch acros!

OP
OP
jgraz

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry can't help with what they are but interested in how you will be removing them I have a few that came into my tank by accident as well. They are very unforgiving when they touch acros!

That's gonna be the interesting part. I figure I'd slice off the top then try superglue to cover the root. Not sure how I'm gonna attack if that doesn't work. I'd pull the rock if it wasn't such a nice piece.

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you ever had any luck with this. I hit mine with some joes juice yesterday. Actually poked the tip into the mouth of the shroom and it is gone today.

tampasnooker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple similar Discosoma mushrooms. They prefer low light so you should be able to keep them apart from the sps. You can always put a hurtin on the ones that reach for the light by putting some Kalk paste on them. I have several that worked up into my Acros but they always retreat when I burn them. That morph looks better in lower light and doesn't do as well in really bright light. Or you can inject vinegar. If you can reach the foot, you can easily scrape it off when it is stressed. If you can't reach the foot, entomb it with putty.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back