Mushroom ID?

Elise_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I am wondering if anyone can help me ID this Mushroom? I purchased it from a local LFS a few months back, just liked it because it was different to anything I had seen.
I had it out on a seperate rock and a week back it let go of its frag plug and must have floated to the main rock in the tank and its made it's home in this spot. (I couldn't believe it when the coral was just gone one morning from the frag plug!)

Anyhow, the coral is a bright orange, verging on red colour (not quite the purple it is showing up here). However it is brighter than my superman rhodactis.
It has a bright lime green mouth.
In terms of texture it also seems like a cross between my Ricordia and the Rhodactis. It is very bubble like, but just doesn't seem convincingly like a Ricordia.

What do you think?
IMG_5663.jpg

My Superman under the same lighting for comparison.
IMG_5650.jpg

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I am wondering if anyone can help me ID this Mushroom? I purchased it from a local LFS a few months back, just liked it because it was different to anything I had seen.
I had it out on a seperate rock and a week back it let go of its frag plug and must have floated to the main rock in the tank and its made it's home in this spot. (I couldn't believe it when the coral was just gone one morning from the frag plug!)

Anyhow, the coral is a bright orange, verging on red colour (not quite the purple it is showing up here). However it is brighter than my superman rhodactis.
It has a bright lime green mouth.
In terms of texture it also seems like a cross between my Ricordia and the Rhodactis. It is very bubble like, but just doesn't seem convincingly like a Ricordia.

What do you think?
IMG_5663.jpg

My Superman under the same lighting for comparison.
IMG_5650.jpg
Your pictures are missing

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a Ricordea Yuma to me. For example, these go by multiple names depending on the vendor. Ultra orange, orange tip, etc.

1634483620742.png
1634483753155.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back