Mushroom major change over just a day

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought this sweet green mushroom yesterday after acclimation and dipping he has been in my tank roughly 24hrs and from
A bright neon green to brown any body have thoughts

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lights did the shop have VS what you have? Lights can play a huge part in what colors corals show. They might have more blue lights.

OP
OP
Porkchop95

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lights did the shop have VS what you have? Lights can play a huge part in what colors corals show. They might have more blue lights.

He was running a variation of t5s where I’m running leds

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen this happen more often with rhodactis shrooms. The good news is most shrooms will adjust and gain back coloring. Just make sure you are not blasting it, most shrooms do better with lower lighting. They are especially vulnerable to bright white leds(most corals are)

OP
OP
Porkchop95

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen this happen more often with rhodactis shrooms. The good news is most shrooms will adjust and gain back coloring. Just make sure you are not blasting it, most shrooms do better with lower lighting. They are especially vulnerable to bright white leds(most corals are)

I noticed once I backed off my white it started to come back green ... I just noticed the tips of the bubbles are flung almost white ... would that be a early sign of bleaching ??

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably, they can bleach for different reasons but the 2 most frequent I think are too much white light or if they get too cold in transport. If it was green when it first went in I would lean towards lighting.

OP
OP
Porkchop95

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably, they can bleach for different reasons but the 2 most frequent I think are too much white light or if they get too cold in transport. If it was green when it first went in I would lean towards lighting.

Thanks for the feedback

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back