Mushroom on other coral

WayneSg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to move a baby Recordea Yuma Mushroom. It came loose from where I put it and I couldn’t find it for a couple days. Now I see it has landed and attached to my Montipora Capricornis. It is on a section where I glued it to the rock and is in the shade so I believe that part of it is actually dead because It is bleached out. My question is will these 2 get along or try to kill each other?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I tried to move a baby Recordea Yuma Mushroom. It came loose from where I put it and I couldn’t find it for a couple days. Now I see it has landed and attached to my Montipora Capricornis. It is on a section where I glued it to the rock and is in the shade so I believe that part of it is actually dead because It is bleached out. My question is will these 2 get along or try to kill each other?
The shroom will move and can leave more bare spots. Use a turkey baster and try to dislodge it and place in a cup with rock rubble until it attaches itself to rock then set in desired location

Upvote 0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushroom on coral
PXL_20210305_013329784.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WayneSg

WayneSg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I did what you suggested. I have it in a container with a little rock. The turkey baster worked easily. When I saw the picture sent by Lost in Space, it made me think maybe I didn’t need to move it. Oh well. Better safe than sorry. Thanks again.
Mushroom on coral
PXL_20210305_013329784.jpg
Is that picture legit? I already moved the mushroom but now I’m wondering if I could have left it alone.

Upvote 0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I did what you suggested. I have it in a container with a little rock. The turkey baster worked easily. When I saw the picture sent by Lost in Space, it made me think maybe I didn’t need to move it. Oh well. Better safe than sorry. Thanks again.

Is that picture legit? I already moved the mushroom but now I’m wondering if I could have left it alone.
Yes the picture is legit. Do you see the destruction to the trumpet under the mushroom? Nothing but skeleton. Confused....

Upvote 0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I thought they were all good. I know nothing.
Gotcha, nope. This was a shot from when I took over this tank with a hundred mushrooms in it. They had overgrown almost everything killing most things they encountered. This candy cane is just shy of a volleyball size, and 1/3 was killed off from the invading mushroom.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WayneSg

WayneSg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha, nope. This was a shot from when I took over this tank with a hundred mushrooms in it. They had overgrown almost everything killing most things they encountered. This candy cane is just shy of a volleyball size, and 1/3 was killed off from the invading mushroom.
But it doesn’t hurt the monte?

Upvote 0

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt read it well either lol!
The mushroom can move with its foot. Slowly. Or they can split. When they move they can leave babies behind. The monti can not move and can only grow away or around the mushroom or mushrooms. Hths
D

Upvote 0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But it doesn’t hurt the monte?
I also had half an encrusting monte killed by the same mushroom type. There was a lot of mushroom induced skeletons when I bought the tank. . honestly at least a dozen and those are just ones I know the mushroom killed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WayneSg

WayneSg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had half an encrusting monte killed by the same mushroom type. There was a lot of mushroom induced skeletons when I bought the tank. . honestly at least a dozen and those are just ones I know the mushroom killed.
Hmm. Then I guess I am glad I moved it and will try to keep my mushrooms away from the others. They alway seem so peaceful.

Upvote 0
Back