Mushroom on the move?!

Mattj815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought an orange ricordea a few weeks back. On the way out I dropped the bag and he came off the frag plug. I have another and remember trying to get it attached to a rock, which I did successfully.

So with the new orange one I just rubber banded it to a smaller rock. Well, it got out and tucked itself under a larger rock and I wasnt able to get it out. Not ready to tear my new tank apart for it, I chalked it up as a loss.

Well today I found it up on my rockwork about 10 inches from where it went under. AWESOME!! Didnt know they moved around like that. I knew they attached, but was so happy to see it. It even moved a little since I found it. Should I just let it do its thing? I was trying to get a little shroom garden going. But if he finds a happy spot I guess ill just leave it.

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushrooms can move around slightly or sometimes release their foot and flow with the current until they grab on to something and feel happy there. Personally, If it seems happy I would leave it be. If you really want to move it tho you could try and cut the rock it's attached to (not the shroom) and glue that where you want it.

OP
OP
M

Mattj815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I dont think its attched yet. So I need to decide. Its not really in an ideal spot for me.

But is it not ok to cut underneath? Bc I have another green that split and wanted to move the smaller one. But that is definitely attached and on a small rock that would be difficult to break/cut nicely?

YumaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a yuma mushroom move a considerable distance to a spot it liked better. Unfortunately it either shaded or entirely covered up my blastomussa colony and killed three of its polyps. When I divide a large mushroom I place the smaller pieces on a ceramic tile and hold them in place with plastic netting (the kind used for fruit in the grocery stores) and rubber band the ends of the netting to the tile. In a month the new mushrooms become attached...er, unless they want move!

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I dont think its attched yet. So I need to decide. Its not really in an ideal spot for me.

But is it not ok to cut underneath? Bc I have another green that split and wanted to move the smaller one. But that is definitely attached and on a small rock that would be difficult to break/cut nicely?

Yes you can use a set of bone cutters to try and snip the piece of rock the mushroom is attached to. You could also remove the rock from the tank and use a chisel.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back