Mushroom with Mesenterial Filaments out

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You still want to get those nutrients up, but it's good that the mushroom is recovered.

Just checking; you know all three of the corals you've listed are fast growers that can potentially be invasive, right? If you like 'em (and they are pretty) they're nice enough, but unless you want the entire tank full of 'em, make sure to isolate them to specific rocks.

OP
OP
J

Jackmot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they are fast growing which is one of the reasons that I love them. I know it's not the most expensive or unique coral but I wasn't looking for that either haha. My idea is that at some point in the future my rock will be completely covered with the xenia and my back glass completely covered with GSP, looking forward to it haha :)

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like it'll look pretty cool and have lots of movement. Just wanted to make sure you were wanting loads of it everywhere.

OP
OP
J

Jackmot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Today, something weird happened. The GSP did opened but the shroom started to show it's filaments again. I did changed the flow a little bit for about an hour in an attempt to make my GSP happier but then returned it to normal. Could that have been?

Double monti 61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I had an orange spot Ricordia Yuma that killed some of my coral and while it was in my tank it moved to the top of my rock and settled in a euphylla that was doing well and had receded it was at home there but on its way it left many offspring unfortunately I lost the tank during a power outage in the winter of 2018.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Shrooms can sometimes show filaments at the slightest provocation, so yes, the flow could absolutely have been responsible.

OP
OP
J

Jackmot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply, it's been a crazy few days haha.
Good news: everything's going back to normal, I have been ghost feeding daily and I hope to start seeing some nutrients in a few days. Also, all my corals now are opened and very happy :)

I'm sorry about your coral double monti 61. Those are a beautiful addition to any tank

I'll keep you posted on any change guys, thanks for all the help!!!!

Substantial Oof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are not filaments nor Xenia but clove polyps. Can grow evasively but harmless
Just out of curiosity, what gives you the idea that those are cloves? Definitely looks like the same pink pulsing Xenia I see taking over just about every tank at the crappier LFS in my area lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just out of curiosity, what gives you the idea that those are cloves? Definitely looks like the same pink pulsing Xenia I see taking over just about every tank at the crappier LFS in my area lol
Unless anthellia Xenia, the little frillier are representative of cloves.

cloves:
1632160220940.jpeg

Back