Mushrooms 101

mdlewis11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got just a couple of mushrooms and was wondering if anyone had any good mushroom 101 links as I know very little about these animals.

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most are pretty easy to care for. I don't have a link to provide, but I can give you some personal insight.... I've tried putting mushrooms closer to the top (higher light) and generally they don't do well--but some do. I've found that mushrooms tend to do well at lower areas of the tank in very low flow.

They're also pretty easy to frag and it's a great coral to begin learning how to frag since they're almost fool proof.

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
low flow and low to mod light
generally easy with the exception of some of the rics (yumas)
most do not sting each other but some rhodactus sp. will have a negative impact on others
almost bullet proff

OP
OP
M

mdlewis11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, thanks. I do have them both in the lower part of the tank, because I got lucky and not because I knew what I was doing. They are also in low flow areas as that is the same advice the LFS had on placement.

One was attached to a tiny shell and the other was attached to small gravel/crushed coral. Will they turn loose of those things and grab hold where I put them, or do I need to help them somehow?

Thanks,

Back