mushrooms are getting smaller

bigkai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if this should go in this forum or the lights forum. well any way i up graded my t-5 lights about 4 months ago from cheap bulbs to AIT high output. and the colors are great but my mushrooms are all very small or gone. i had put what i had left in dark spots in the tank. how much light is to much for mushrooms or might their be something else going wrong? my tank is a 75gallon with 6 t5 54 watt bulbs. any thoughts?????????

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your initial instinct is good. Probably too much light for them. But full shade is not good ime, they do need some light. I'd put whatever you have left just on the bottom sides of the tank where they'll get weaker direct light and see how they do. If you think it's something else you should post all your water parameters and we can see if anything is off. Specific gravity, PH, Ca, Alk, Phosphate, Nitrate, Ammonia, etc.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 55.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back