Mushrooms not growing?

blakehadrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a purple mushroom with two silver dollar sized heads. I've had it about 2-3 months and it hasnt grown any new heads or even seemed to grow much? What should i expect from these guys? I'm somewhat new to the hobby, so any advise would be great. Thanks in advance!

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pic of the shroom in question might help. There are a few different species and a wide range of growth rates. For instance, yumas and jawbreakers are notoriously slow, whereas the typical discosoma can spread like wildfire.

OP
OP
B

blakehadrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the mushroom.

Attachments

• Picture0020.JPG
    Picture0020.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 308

peppip

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have that exact mushroom. mine seem to be happiest in the middle lighting range not too high and not too low. mine have lived through every crash and in every water condition and even flourished in high alk water...yours looks normal to me. if its smaller than normal or shrivelled up its usually making a baby...just give them time and before you know it you'll have 15 hehe

Birdee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"just give them time and before you know it you'll have 15 hehe" ... or 150!

Yeah... that would be in the "spreads like wildfire" category... I have the neon green/purple version. And I am having to get rid of most of my rock!
I have a single 10lb rock with at least 50-70 heads.

On the rocks with zoas and stuff I'm trying to kill them off. *sigh*

If you really want to grow them you can always spot feed... but that's something I certainly wouldn't do. LOL

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give them more time - i had the same prob, now i want to rid them all. Have too many

peppip

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha cut them and throw them in a bowl with some rocks and you'll have frags in days

bairdimusprime

Bill
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they'll spread like wildfire when they're ready... give them time i had two that didnt change size or anything for two years.. then bam i have 6 the size of teacup plates now

Back