Mushrooms popping up everywhere.

Hunterzane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just asked recently for help with an ID on a mushroom. We had acquited some live rock with a mushroom on it, I thought it was pretty and now that 1 mushroom has turned into at least 8 I've counted so far. What should I do or what can I do with the new mushrooms that are popping up. They are pretty don't get me wrong. I just don't want them all over my rocks :/ picture of my shrimp with the mushroom in question

20220819_205748.jpg

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could isolate the rock which will help (but not necessarily prevent excessive spreading) and also could frag and sell them

OP
OP
Hunterzane

Hunterzane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could isolate the rock which will help (but not necessarily prevent excessive spreading) and also could frag and sell them
I wouldn't even know where to begin with fragging them. Or what kind of mushroom it is to sell haha this may sound stupid but can you kinda just pluck the new ones off or no?

OP
OP
Hunterzane

Hunterzane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't even know where to begin with fragging them. Or what kind of mushroom it is to sell haha this may sound stupid but can you kinda just pluck the new ones off or no?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i believe it is a discosoma mushroom. as far as its "trade/hobby" name, i'm not sure..

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure of a hobby name but I agree it looks to be discosoma. Some people will simply cut them at the foot to frag them and give them time to heal on some rubble. Be advised this method the mushroom usually grows back from the piece left on the rock. Others will chip a small piece of the rock off with the mushroom too

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it red? Could be some sort of interstellar bounce. Definitely a valuable shroom at least to me. Good luck fragging it, if a shroom loves your tank (which it obviously does) and then fragging will usually always be a successful process.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back