Mushrooms resurfacing?

Bigdaddy05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently received a jaw breaker and og bounce mushrooms both came out of the package not attached but the og seemed to still be some what attached put both in a mushroom cage to find a few days later the top off and the jawbreaker gone, og looked to be holding on fast forward some time and the top is off and now the og bounce is gone!!! Is is possible that the jawbreaker and og bounce will pop back up? My daughter's pistol shrimp and goby are to blame for the disturbance and I'm sure the mushrooms ended up in one of their many caves sorry for the long post!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible. Ive buried shrooms in sand to get them to re attach faster and they unbury themselves pretty quickly.
If they are in caves they could possibly attach to rock and walk back out.
Have you checked around the bottoms of your rocks? Overflows? Sump?
Can't stress enough how important it is to acclimate shrooms in low flow low light area until they acclimate to new tank.
Especially jawbreakers will de tach 99% of they time during shipping.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy05

Bigdaddy05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found the og bouncing around the back of the tank and caught it it's tiny with no bubbles but at least I got it! Still no sign of the jawbreaker and it's been weeks I keep telling my wife maybe one day I'll move some rocks and find a jawbreaker colony with crappy colors lol I'm pretty sure it's just wishful thinking!! Really wish I could locate another jawbreaker that doesn't require a house payment!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found the og bouncing around the back of the tank and caught it it's tiny with no bubbles but at least I got it! Still no sign of the jawbreaker and it's been weeks I keep telling my wife maybe one day I'll move some rocks and find a jawbreaker colony with crappy colors lol I'm pretty sure it's just wishful thinking!! Really wish I could locate another jawbreaker that doesn't require a house payment!
Put OG in small container with some rubble and cover if possible. I use little pieces of the bags my wife buys her oranges in the mesh bags.
Put in low flow low light area should be fine in cpl weeks.
Would be surprised if jawbreaker does show up as well.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv got a mushroom 3d container the kids lose so I put a rubber band on it
That will work too. Although I still put the mesh from orange bag over the mushroom container to allow for more light.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back