Must have filter media for HOB?

aydemir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excluding purigen, what would you consider a must have filter media that can fit into a HOB filter for a nano tank?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you are using the HOB for? Is it biological, chemical, or mechanical filtration....or a combination of all?

JuniorB721

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been up an running for almost 9 months now and all I've ever had in my HOB was a small bag with a mix of carbon and phosguard sandwiched between two pieces of filter pads and it has worked really well for me. I planned for my tank to be simple, low bioload and easier corals, and it has worked very well for me so far.

OP
OP
aydemir

aydemir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you are using the HOB for? Is it biological, chemical, or mechanical filtration....or a combination of all?
Open ended question. Basically want to narrow down some options to put in my HOB, I currently have one with a bag of purigen in it so I wanted to eliminate that from the conversation

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open ended question. Basically want to narrow down some options to put in my HOB, I currently have one with a bag of purigen in it so I wanted to eliminate that from the conversation
Well I would definitely use some sort of floss for removal of floating particles. I personally would stay away from anything biological and let the live rock take care of that. You could also use some sort of carbon/GFO media if needed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back