My 10+ year old Unicorn Tang died tonight

foshizzle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did Neptune say about this? I have an Apex and was considering a DOS for "safety" over my doser. I can't imagine how dosing a liter of Vodka, Alk, and CaCl could be your fault. They could verify the glitch through in data logs. If they agree it was an Apex problem I would expect some compensation.

OP
OP
Roggio

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did Neptune say about this? I have an Apex and was considering a DOS for "safety" over my doser. I can't imagine how dosing a liter of Vodka, Alk, and CaCl could be your fault. They could verify the glitch through in data logs. If they agree it was an Apex problem I would expect some compensation.

If Neptune contacts me I would be more than happy to provide any information that could avoid this happening to someone in the future. As far as compensation... there's no monetary value on my pets life. They suffered and died slowly. The only thing I would accept from Neptune is an apology and reassurance they will make an effort to ensure this does not happen to anyone in the future. Currently my purple tang is not eating and lethargic :(

Just to give everyone some insight into dealing with Neptune... When I bought my APEX I had issued with the energy bar from the start. After waiting for tech support, temporary fixes being put in place and making appointments to speak to them over the phone two weeks in advance I had to send the part in. I was forced to pay to send in their defective part. When I asked why I was told I could have gotten it wet and they had no way of knowing. The part was never near any water (see pic above of my set up). In short I was without a main component for over a month I spent over $800 on, wasted countless hours trouble shooting, and forced to pay to send it in to get fixed.

My best advice to anyone is to use the controller is best said in this video. I highly recommend watching this whole thing but I have time stamped the relevant information. There's a reason the pros do not use controllers for more than monitoring. (27:58 in case if doesnt buffer where it should)

srm077

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will only keep my dosers full with 4 days of supply for this reason on my 750 display tank. If I am on vacation or travel then I leave specific mixed amounts for refilling for my tank sitter. I also have a camera on the secondary monitoring systems in my fish room so I can check it. I fully believe in redundancy.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back