OP
arturoo1977

arturoo1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates!!!
Finally 40lb of caribsea life rock arrived.
Very nice pieces...
21BBCAC2-F1CA-48CA-8F4D-DCDD583D55D5.jpeg

In order to make it easier to work with scape I drain about 30g of water and after 1 hr of thinking and rearranging, final result:

483D4337-FDF5-4E4A-A626-D4A62060FE57.jpeg

The idea was to cover filter box as much as possible. Sone nice caves and platforms there.
3 of the pieces are on hold for future arrangements or next tank :cool:
Still lot of swimming space for fish and sand for corals.

OP
OP
arturoo1977

arturoo1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And cycle is done! :D

I should receive lighting this week so will let it run all week with the new rock and re test just to be sure no spikes of anything...
Next weekend a 30% water change and start looking for first fish!! A couple of ocelaris will be.
Ive notice that Rio pump is really noisy that will be one of the first upgrades in the list.

4717F0C8-D022-4064-9529-37CE31B520F7.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
arturoo1977

arturoo1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My black chinesse box has arrived, as reviews warned, setting up wifi is nearly impossible so I wrote to vendor and hope for an answer.
In mean while set it in manual mode and using a timer from smarthings to control it, 6 hrs daily to start with algae cycle.
Here a holiday update with lights....
IMG_1081.JPG

As you may see, I bought only one module and the spread is not too much, clearly I need one or two more modules, but I think at this point is enough. I have to wait for the bank account grow a little to complete lighting.

OP
OP
arturoo1977

arturoo1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday did a water checkout just to make sure everything is as it looks, good. Ammonia and nitrites are 0 and nitrates are about 20 ppm.
Last weekend I did the first water change, about 30 gal, and remove shrimps leftovers so maybe nitrates are that high as a cycling result.

My two little clowns are doing very good. They seem happy and very active. Although I've noticed that during day both keeps in one corner of tank and during evening and mainly when lights go off, they star to swim more and go to other places. Black box light are at 40% during max for only two hours, rest of program I tried to simulate a sunrise and sunset. So I don't think its too bright, or so?

Feeding has been a bit of a challenge. I first bought some small pellets but they don't even care about them. Then ask my supplier and told me they were eating flakes, so I bought some flakes. Problem is the tank is so deep that the food is all spread before they even notice it. Yesterday I turned filter pump off during feeding, take some flakes and place them inside water, not at surface, and they were eating very nice! :)

I'm getting a couple of very good quality live rock from a friend who ordered too much for his setup. I helped him to load his tank so I noticed a lot of interesting stuff in those. The idea is to seed living things to my dry rock tank.
But, I'm afraid some pest could be hiding so I'll quarantine them for a couple of weeks. QT setup is ready and yesterday was testing heater, filter and light.
Maybe a small water change to display tank in order to fill QT with display water. Will keep you posted.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back