My first saltwater tank

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you guys suggest any fish that is hardy?
Damselfish are hardy but aggressive. The same goes for clownfish. There are less aggressive damsels such as springer's damsels or azure damsels, but even then, they can get territorial in such small tanks. In my experience, firefish are the hardiest fish. Otherwise, you could try different species of gobies. They produce little waste and are generally tolerant of parameter fluctuations.

OP
OP
freshwaterandmarine

freshwaterandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damselfish are hardy but aggressive. The same goes for clownfish. There are less aggressive damsels such as springer's damsels or azure damsels, but even then, they can get territorial in such small tanks. In my experience, firefish are the hardiest fish. Otherwise, you could try different species of gobies. They produce little waste and are generally tolerant of parameter fluctuations.
thanks for the suggestion. if I add another goby will the hi fin goby fight with the other goby?

gaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should definitely do a yellow clown goby. they are a good peaceful nano fish (and pretty hardy)

OP
OP
freshwaterandmarine

freshwaterandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a picture of the hi fin goby

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-12-01 at 22.22.56.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-01 at 22.22.56.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 37

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should slow down.
You've already killed how many fish? And now you're adding more fish as well as coral, in a week old tank???
Please do some research on cycling a tank, number of fish in your sized tank and waiting for a mature tank before adding coral. I hate seeing these living things being unnecessarily killed, when it could have been easily avoided.

OP
OP
freshwaterandmarine

freshwaterandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should slow down.
You've already killed how many fish? And now you're adding more fish as well as coral, in a week old tank???
Please do some research on cycling a tank, number of fish in your sized tank and waiting for a mature tank before adding coral. I hate seeing these living things being unnecessarily killed, when it could have been easily avoided.
Hi. I've already done proper research and the nitrates in the tank have gone down. Ammonia was always at 0. I actually waited a month before I put the hi fin goby in. As I said previously, I forgot to update this build thread.

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back