OP
Chriscrna

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smoky Mtn Coral Expo is this Saturday Sept. 29!

I am bringing a pocket full of cash and coming home with a cooler full of coral.

Hope to update the thread soon after!

Heezie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an amazing setup all around!!! Just read through the entire build thread and was blown away. Any updates? Had been almost a year, so I’m hoping everything is growing like crazy :)

OP
OP
Chriscrna

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Heezie. Been extremely busy with other things in life for the better part of this year. My wife had a significant surgery earlier in the year with a lengthy recovery. I've not completely neglected the tank, but it has definitely taken a back seat as I've had to take on a lot more with the kids and the house during my wife's recovery. Thankfully she's back to work as of this week and things are getting back to normal around here.

As far as a tank update, I have some bad news. My dinner plate sized maxima clam that I've had for years died about 6 months ago. Unfortunately, I was on a stretch of multiple 24 hour shifts at work and didn't notice it for a few days. Ended up killing every single acropora I owned. Also wiped out 95% of my pink monti cap. Fortunately, it didn't affect any fish, nems, or soft corals.

After months of frequent water and carbon changes, it has finally turned the corner and is as stable as its ever been. So, I've replaced most of the acros I lost including the WD and OP. My monti plate is making a rapid comeback as well and I have faith it will be good as new in a few months.

I will try to get some good pics on here in the near future. Thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back