My 240 gal. Salty Addiction

rapalaboy1999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 500 gal SPS with a 220 shark tank would be sweet! My guestimate was for equipments only (including sand, rock, and salt). The cost of my tank and stand included the purple fish heads rock. I bought my tank and stand from ADG here in Houston and Mike uses a lot of the purple rock so he included it in the price. I'm now starting to purchase livestock. :D

That really ain't that bad considering you got top of the line equipment!!! :D

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

rapalaboy1999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting about 80 lbs of dry rock and then I'm going to get about 30 lbs of live. :) The last time I used all live I got an infestation of bristle worms which ate my camel shrimp from the inside out while it was still alive :( I need to get about 20 more lbs of dry now, and about 80 more lbs of live sand, you know just some basic stuff before I stick my tank to its full potential

blue dog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, your pump looks like mine and just wondering what hp it is.
This the only thing i can see on mine (3/4 hp ) and i have never used it
I am putting together a 265g, very soon

Cresonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the standard to witch all fee standing tanks "tank/stand/canopy" should be held

My "attainable" dream is an 8ft 300
My ultimate dream is a 10ft 500 lol

I can't wait to get my new place and have a garage to start my next build and start a new build thread....
Haven't concreted the size yet but I'm building as much as I can myself from scratch because I'm crazy and I kinda like the build process more than enjoying the tank itself

Acrylic tank
Sump
Stand
Canopy
LEDS

Also I'm balling on a budget here so writing a 20k check isn't Realy an option

2tankz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through the whole thread. I know I'm like th 5th person to say this, but this is one of the cleanest and well thought out set-ups I've seen. Awesome!

OP
OP
Mark L.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting about 80 lbs of dry rock and then I'm going to get about 30 lbs of live. :) The last time I used all live I got an infestation of bristle worms which ate my camel shrimp from the inside out while it was still alive :( I need to get about 20 more lbs of dry now, and about 80 more lbs of live sand, you know just some basic stuff before I stick my tank to its full potential 

I'm hoping that I can keep all pests out this time around. That was my goal with all dry rock and sand. So far so good.

OP
OP
Mark L.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, your pump looks like mine and just wondering what hp it is.
This the only thing i can see on mine (3/4 hp ) and i have never used it
I am putting together a 265g, very soon

I'm not sure actually. I know it's 4680 gph. I can't really see the plate on the side not that it is under my stand. Sorry.

OP
OP
Mark L.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the standard to witch all fee standing tanks "tank/stand/canopy" should be held

My "attainable" dream is an 8ft 300
My ultimate dream is a 10ft 500 lol

I can't wait to get my new place and have a garage to start my next build and start a new build thread....
Haven't concreted the size yet but I'm building as much as I can myself from scratch because I'm crazy and I kinda like the build process more than enjoying the tank itself 

Acrylic tank
Sump
Stand
Canopy
LEDS

Also I'm balling on a budget here so writing a 20k check isn't Realy an option

Just read through the whole thread. I know I'm like th 5th person to say this, but this is one of the cleanest and well thought out set-ups I've seen. Awesome!

Thanks guys! It's coming along nicely. I had a little hiccup a couple weeks ago. I added 4 yellow and 4 purple tangs. They all broke out with a nasty case of ick. I pulled them all out and they are in quarantine now. I'm going to let the tank go fallow for 8 weeks to kill off any ick that may still be in the tank. I still have my shrimp, clean up crew, and various corals in there and everything looks great. Just gotta take it slow and make sure the ick is gone before continuing on.

I've learned a very hard lesson. No fish will go in now unless it's been quarantined now. I've converted my 100 gal for this purpose now.

Ch3tt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unbelievable build! One if the cleanest and well planned out builds i've ever seen, will definitely be following along!

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! I love this build thread! It's awesome that you gathered all the pics before starting the thread!
All the equipment are great purchases!!
What do you do for a living man!? Should be an ecotech sponsor lol

bigfoot86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! I see your a gun collector or at least an enthusiast. I have so many firearms that I decided to pick up a new hobby in reefing to direct my money elsewhere. If you like to share some gun pics that'd be awesome.

OP
OP
Mark L.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unbelievable build! One if the cleanest and well planned out builds i've ever seen, will definitely be following along!

Thanks! I will try to keep the thread updated as I go. Love this site but I do spend most of my time on my local site. LOL

OP
OP
Mark L.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! I love this build thread! It's awesome that you gathered all the pics before starting the thread!
All the equipment are great purchases!!
What do you do for a living man!? Should be an ecotech sponsor lol

Thanks man. I would love to be a Ecotech sponsor. There's a few of us here in Houston that are full Ecotech run. I'm a subsea drilling controls designers. I design the equipments that sits on the ocean floor for drilling oil/gas. :D

OP
OP
Mark L.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! I see your a gun collector or at least an enthusiast. I have so many firearms that I decided to pick up a new hobby in reefing to direct my money elsewhere. If you like to share some gun pics that'd be awesome.

Thanks man. LOL yeah I'm a gun collector/shooter also. Love going shooting when I'm not up to my elbows in the tank. I have to go back and forth between buying guns and reef stuff. Hahaha!

Here's a few of the collection. :D I've bought a few more since then.

27697167666555486819.jpg

71574973433741630293.jpg

60751262255448947087.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back