OP
OP
lagatbezan

lagatbezan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank you have there. Since you have had it for a little while now how do you like the acrylic tank? Looking at a possible 10’ tank and it was suggested to go that route. Nice to see a tank big enough to have such pretty fish a lot of people can’t keep.
Thank you.
My previous tank was a 180g acrylic tank as well so I learned a lot from it. When I had it, I swore I would never do another acrylic tank again and that the next one would be glass. after doing some more research and hearing few people having glass seems blown out, I didn't think twice about going back to acrylic again. Plus having little kids in the house where toys are always flying around was another reason for acrylic.
Acrylic is really easy to get scratched, but if you take the time and use the right equipment and are careful its not much of an issue. Its really easy to drill holes, modify and don't have to worry about one of your rocks falling and hitting the panels and causing a crack.
Mighty magnet was one of the best investments that I made. I got it with their algae scrubber and it works phenomenal.
10' tank would be amazing! good luck with it and let me know if you have questions. I would be glad to help.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank was so dirty, it took me the first 3 minutes of video to realize there were FISH in there!

LOL :p... only kidding! Very beautiful collection of fish--I have an Emperor as well, I bet he's your favorite. Is that Banner Fish an H. Singularius? I have one-- but yours is moving a little fast for me to tell. Not many people have one. ;)

OP
OP
lagatbezan

lagatbezan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank was so dirty, it took me the first 3 minutes of video to realize there were FISH in there!

LOL :p... only kidding! Very beautiful collection of fish--I have an Emperor as well, I bet he's your favorite. Is that Banner Fish an H. Singularius? I have one-- but yours is moving a little fast for me to tell. Not many people have one. ;)
Thank you so much. Yeah the emperor is definitely one of the family’s favorites. He grunts so loud that you can hear him all the way across the house. How large is yours?
the banner fish I have is a heniochus diphreutes. I’m part of the many who doesn’t have a H. Singularius either lol.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
636F9705-7BEB-466E-991C-A88A3BAFADE7.jpeg FA5A8ABD-EBFC-4727-BB88-3C7C2D1DF069.jpeg

My H. Singularius... in case you are ever thinking of an ‘upgrade’ (Ahahahahaha!)

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be the largest of the three you’ll likely come across in an LFS (H.a, H.d, H.s)— mine is about the size of my outstretched hand; I know they can get bigger, because ‘fully grown’ the black and white merge more into a carbon fiber like pattern. :)

mslabonik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been thinking about doing a FOWLR big tank but don’t think I could do no corals but I badly want some big angels and tangs like this. That water change schedule sounds awesome.

Curious what kind of lights you’re using?

Yes, I miss my 220 fowler tank and the angels I had! Beautiful tank you have regardless of scratches you know about!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back