OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. I should have made my 40 breeder a peninsula. Good idea there.
Thanks, originally it was supposed to be a 120, the i hurt my back so I used what I had. Kinda excited to see it finally done some day.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good man, i wish i had your diy skills. this build sounds like it's going to be pretty sweet

did you get your coralbox doser going? i have mine in place and going, but it scares me so i'm going to run it dosing rodi for a bit to see if it stays accurate, but so far so good. i have like a phobia or something when it comes to dosing stuff to my tank lol

OP
OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did buy a 3/4" barbed splicer today to connect my 3/4" hose to the other hose I already have. Put this together the other day for filling my tanks with either top off for the tanks that don't have ATO's installed or with fresh saltwater from the storage/mixing barrels.
WaterSpout.jpg

waterMixing.jpg

OP
OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good man, i wish i had your diy skills. this build sounds like it's going to be pretty sweet

did you get your coralbox doser going? i have mine in place and going, but it scares me so i'm going to run it dosing rodi for a bit to see if it stays accurate, but so far so good. i have like a phobia or something when it comes to dosing stuff to my tank lol
Just plugged in the power cable and connected it to my home network. Ran the tubing how I want to utilize it and that was all. Channel 1 is Alk, channel 2 Cal and channel 4 Acropower.
I forgot to order a tubing holder for the top of the tank, so I'll probably either make one or see if I can add on to a mini reactor that I ordered from BRS this morning.
Couple "L" brackets and smoked gray acrylic shelf with transparent red lip, lol. It would look nice if you could see it. Pic for reference:
Dosing.jpg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did buy a 3/4" barbed splicer today to connect my 3/4" hose to the other hose I already have. Put this together the other day for filling my tanks with either top off for the tanks that don't have ATO's installed or with fresh saltwater from the storage/mixing barrels.
WaterSpout.jpg

waterMixing.jpg
Nicee. Did you drill holes in the pvc so you don’t back siphon or how are you combating that?

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just plugged in the power cable and connected it to my home network. Ran the tubing how I want to utilize it and that was all. Channel 1 is Alk, channel 2 Cal and channel 4 Acropower.
I forgot to order a tubing holder for the top of the tank, so I'll probably either make one or see if I can add on to a mini reactor that I ordered from BRS this morning.
Couple "L" brackets and smoked gray acrylic shelf with transparent red lip, lol. It would look nice if you could see it. Pic for reference:
Dosing.jpg

nice, i've never done a doser before so i've been letting it dose rodi into some vials to see how accurate it stays for a few days..

mostly i'm putting off navigating to the back of the sump to attach the tubes and tube holder thing

OP
OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicee. Did you drill holes in the pvc so you don’t back siphon or how are you combating that?
Not yet, I'll probably drill a small hole on the front side facing the water or I may just leave it. I'll try it out first without. I'm thinking with the ball valve there won't be much of a back siphon happening.

OP
OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice, i've never done a doser before so i've been letting it dose rodi into some vials to see how accurate it stays for a few days..

mostly i'm putting off navigating to the back of the sump to attach the tubes and tube holder thing
I'll be playing with mine tonight, I'll keep you posted.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, I'll probably drill a small hole on the front side facing the water or I may just leave it. I'll try it out first without. I'm thinking with the ball valve there won't be much of a back siphon happening.
Oh good call.

OP
OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be playing with mine tonight, I'll keep you posted.
Made a tubing holder plate out of smoked gray acrylic. Calibrated the doser and all seems ok so far. Other than it losing connection here and there it's alright I guess.
IMG_20190820_211815.jpg

OP
OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a tubing holder plate out of smoked gray acrylic. Calibrated the doser and all seems ok so far. Other than it losing connection here and there it's alright I guess.
IMG_20190820_211815.jpg
This is on a biocube by the way, in case anyones wondering.

OP
OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i can't get mine to pair to my home wifi, so i have to switch over on my phone to the aqua dosing app

and sometimes it just doesn't like to connect. annoying, but hopefully it's not something you have to tinker with often
Yea, I have a really strong network here as that's what I have a degree in, lol. Get what you pay for I guess.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I have a really strong network here as that's what I have a degree in, lol. Get what you pay for I guess.

hah yeah, i don't have a degree in that, but my router is all of 10 feet away from where i have the doser so shouldn't be an issue

same cheap issue when setting it up some of the instructions were definitely google translate. but reviews sound reliable and i wanted one i could control from my phone, and i aint spending ghl doser money

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back