trevormass7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't mind my rock covered in sand it is a constant battle with my goby, I clean it off she puts all of it back on and then some, I clean it off she puts it all back on plus my snails and hermits, she is a fun fish.
IMG_0804.JPG
Haha I know the struggle and mine has a large pistol shrimp to help him

usernam invalid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man sorry to hear about your last shipment what a bummer. I believe you are on the island shoot me a msg and can help you out with a few good places to go. Or if wanted to stop by I'm located in west Islip.

As for the lil bit of algae you have I wouldn't worry about it your system will go threw some ugly phases over the next couple of months. IMO I wouldn't resort to dosing anything or running a bio pellet reactor to try and control it.
Just increase you cleanup crew snails, hermits, small grazing fish maybe a tang (shh hope tang police don't see that)

Shoot me a msg if have any questions I'll try my best to help you out.

-jay

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't mind my rock covered in sand it is a constant battle with my goby, I clean it off she puts all of it back on and then some, I clean it off she puts it all back on plus my snails and hermits, she is a fun fish.
IMG_0804.JPG
Beautiful coral that’s the exact one I’m going to be getting

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man sorry to hear about your last shipment what a bummer. I believe you are on the island shoot me a msg and can help you out with a few good places to go. Or if wanted to stop by I'm located in west Islip.

As for the lil bit of algae you have I wouldn't worry about it your system will go threw some ugly phases over the next couple of months. IMO I wouldn't resort to dosing anything or running a bio pellet reactor to try and control it.
Just increase you cleanup crew snails, hermits, small grazing fish maybe a tang (shh hope tang police don't see that)

Shoot me a msg if have any questions I'll try my best to help you out.

-jay
Sweet nice to meet you! I’m in middle island. What places do you like going to ? I feel like selection is limited in terms of quality stores

usernam invalid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet nice to meet you! I’m in middle island. What places do you like going to ? I feel like selection is limited in terms of quality stores

Advanced marine aquatics in Albertson hands down best store on the island.

The other two I frequent is tropical island and Caribbean blue.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Advanced marine aquatics in Albertson hands down best store on the island.

The other two I frequent is tropical island and Caribbean blue.
Your not the first person to tell me advance marine is great. My problem is it’s about 1.5 hours away. I’ve been to Caribbean blue and tropical island and can say with certainty that those are my main go to stores. I might pass through country critters from time to time to check out there frags

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested some parameters today, I haven’t really been seeing a reduction in alage. With that said my phosphate is up to .4 from .03 and nitrate is at 5ppm. I’m not sure really what I need to do to get rid of this alage but the light was off for a few days while I got it fixed so maybe that’s why my phosphate is up ?

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick updated today from work:
I continue to battle some sort of alage maybe hair maybe something different I’m not sure. Part of this journey and not adding tons of live stock right away is I want to be able to experiment with different methods and products to see what works for me. This allows me to do this freely without worrying about livestock. With that being said I have a bio pellet reactor comming from BRS. I know controllability won’t be as good as carbon dosing via liquid but for me and my life style I feel it might be better suited for me.

1AFCED8B-714E-460F-A05A-7BF1300E963E.jpeg

FC32039B-DDFB-47E5-9C89-FE888892B205.jpeg

A5B258FE-01DC-4884-A798-F023DB787410.jpeg

ADD1F0E6-2092-434C-8D21-5F102A72DAB8.jpeg

ED32D20E-3DDB-414E-B230-8B01776E94A6.jpeg

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My end goal is to run my tank as naturally as possible. I made the decision to try out the clear water alage scrubber that just came out on BRS. I’m a big fan of alage scrubbing and have been doing extensive research into it. I feel as tho ats would fit my system perfectly but never really new how to implement it given my space restrictions. So I found this product and was extremely impressed with everything I read on it. I hope to have it by the end of the week and I will use this thread to track the progress and setup of this scrubber. The end game is this plus skimmer and carbon in a reactor, I think I’d be happy with that

55F5EA72-C7A5-4D73-9058-E00F1CCCFF94.png

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update today:
I won the PayPal dispute for the bad coral shipment I received. I’m out $25 due to my own stupidity and sending that as a gift but I’ll be getting $75 back! I’ve also decided to send the coral box doser back as it dosnt hold calibration. I will dose manually for now until I figure out what doser I want.

Did a 15 gallon water change yesterday to help fight This alage bloom. I also went shopping and picked up to cleaner shrimp, a frog spawn and my First fish! A lawnmower blenny!! I didn’t have a quarinte setup but I picked him up from the LFS where they run copper in all there system and fish look healthy !

EE110F48-196B-42B5-A5B6-320C1E88EEF8.jpeg

76F7207D-79F9-4389-9C35-D5FE8090594E.jpeg

464B3E50-0EBD-43D9-98CD-D43E4CB3C4EE.jpeg

CF93C6DD-5718-440F-AC71-D4EE319A5363.jpeg

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YAY 1 Mr. Ugly. Once he gets to work, that should help significantly. Absolutely one of my favorite fish that I pretty much deem a necessity in any aquarium.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YAY 1 Mr. Ugly. Once he gets to work, that should help significantly. Absolutely one of my favorite fish that I pretty much deem a necessity in any aquarium.
I had one in my last tank. Hardy as they could be and full of personality! Once the lights come on he can been seen stuffing his face allllll day long !

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Tangs are great, but pound for pound it's hard to beat a Sailin/lawnmower. I use them in tanks too small for Tangs with great success as well.

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, I love your frog spawn. I'm glad you got your money back from PayPal, would have been better if the seller handled it better but a win is a win.

Back