OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember to do another round of prazi 5-7 days after first treatment.
Yes I just did a water change and although all fish are eating my one cardinal dosnt seem to eat as often as the other 2 fish. So I will be doing another round 2moro most likely

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had my first real bump in the road so far. I redosed prazipro Monday morning when I got home from work. When I work up about 8 hours later the water was cloudy and the fish really Lethargic. My ammonia badge was reading safe. So I immediately did a large water change about 80%. The cloudyness persisted and they fish seemed to be getting worse. I made the decision to get them out of that QT and into the DT asap where I know the water quality is stable. I know not the best move but if just felt right to me. Fast forward 24 hrs and my blenny is fat and happy picking and grazing on rocks. I lost one cardinal from what I imagine was ammonia poisoning as he looked like he had ammonia burn. My other cardinal survived the night and is swimming much better today and I’m hopeful that he will make it.
This hobby is all about learning and I will learning from this failed QT and figure out how I want to proceed. For now I only lost 1 fish and will push on from here.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also picked up a Duncan coral and fungal plate coral from @usernam invalid on Sunday. As usual top notch coral.

30C2AE1E-4845-4EBB-B532-E028328CB847.jpeg

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated earlier I really dialed down my radion intensity. I’m at 30% now I’m a 24” deep tank. It sounds low much the response from all my coral has been amazing! Sps looks like there furry from the PE, my lps is full and getting bigger everyday and not to mention everything is showing signs of decent growth. Algae is under control, while it’s present it isn’t taking over by any means and between snails , my urchin , and now my stary blenny they keep everything in check. Maybe as time goes I’ll dial up the intensity but for now everything is perfectly happy.
My parameters are
.02 phosphate
1-5 ppm nitrate
9.4 alk
420 calc

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your fish, do you have an air stone going for extra aeration while medicating? You could also point a powerhead at the surface for aeration.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your fish, do you have an air stone going for extra aeration while medicating? You could also point a powerhead at the surface for aeration.
Yes I had all that not sure what happened but nonetheless I kept pushing forward and am trying a different method I read up on for people who don’t QT. I know Risk involved but im giving it a shot.

29CD7B6B-5D1B-4227-85C1-41240A75106C.jpeg

C078260F-E94D-42A0-A201-E66277F24C1C.jpeg

04C3DC36-CF49-4B92-B127-E23E4E0B35A7.jpeg

BD5DEEE7-932F-488E-98A0-9918D3F72FAE.jpeg

1AF1D05C-5DF6-411D-8597-B8F5E936731D.jpeg

usernam invalid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all look so great really thriving in your tank.
New shirts just came in remind me to give you one next time you swing by

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking good, I love your Wrasse.
It’s funny because he had been hiding since I got him would only come out in the AM when the tank was getting indirect sunlight and hide as soon as the daylights would come on. Then today he came out a few hours after daylights came on and has been out ever since. So hopefully this means he’s warming up to my tank and his fishy friends

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will both love and hate your goby, he will have your sand looking like brand new all the time. It will also be in all kinds of places you don’t want it. Mine carries my snails all over and puts them in a big pile.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will both love and hate your goby, he will have your sand looking like brand new all the time. It will also be in all kinds of places you don’t want it. Mine carries my snails all over and puts them in a big pile.
He has been a model citizen thus far. He scoots around sifting the sand and I don’t really have problems with sand blowing around

Back