OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more minor work done today. Work has been crazy so I haven't have much time. Today I added this lighting.

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful build Curryb15! I wish I had epoxied mine white inside like that!
Thank you! This forum is such a great place. Almost all the ideas implemented so far came from other builds I've looked act dating back to last year.
I've spent so much time reading and researching exactly what I want, it's so exciting to see it slowly come together !

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks if I were to do it over again I would move the emergency overflow to the return section to make it easier to change the filter sock. One tip when gluing your plumbing is you don't have to use the purple primer, just apply the glue directly to a clean pipe and fitting. Then you don't get the purple streaks on your plumbing.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks if I were to do it over again I would move the emergency overflow to the return section to make it easier to change the filter sock. One tip when gluing your plumbing is you don't have to use the purple primer, just apply the glue directly to a clean pipe and fitting. Then you don't get the purple streaks on your plumbing.
Thanks for the tip. I will be dry fitting the plumbing hopefully within the next week. I'm just waiting for a couple of gate values and loc line from BRS. Once dry fitted I will be spray painting them gray to match the wall the tank is on. I will cover the ends with tape to make sure no paint gets on the inside of the pipe.

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip. I will be dry fitting the plumbing hopefully within the next week. I'm just waiting for a couple of gate values and loc line from BRS. Once dry fitted I will be spray painting them gray to match the wall the tank is on. I will cover the ends with tape to make sure no paint gets on the inside of the pipe.

Nice I will be following along for updates. I have really enjoyed my journey so far.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plumbing project has started. Still waiting for a few last pieces from BRS due for delivery later in the week

IMG_0021.JPG

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I'm stuck for now as I still am waiting for my gate valves from BRS. I am putting one on both the main drain and return. I've also decided that I'm not going to run my carbon / gfo reactor to start, I want to see if I have success with the Cheto reactor

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small but very cool update.... so every week I enter the BRS contest to win the products the review. Today I got an email saying that I won the tunzes controller ! I looked it up on the website and they had it listed as $350 ish. Although I didn't plan this for my build I thought it was awesome that I won!! I don't know much about it but still plan to use the nuptune apex

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice job, it's coming along excellent and congratulations on your BRS prize!!![emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]

ciscomania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170606_161402.jpg
[/QUOTE]
really not a fan of the side mount light fixture. IMO it's a real eye sore. There are other ways to hang a light other than from the ceiling like installing a shelf on the wall and fabricate some kind of light mount from there to hang it. Just a thought. With my ocd, that light mount on the side would drive me crazy.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really not a fan of the side mount light fixture. IMO it's a real eye sore. There are other ways to hang a light other than from the ceiling like installing a shelf on the wall and fabricate some kind of light mount from there to hang it. Just a thought. With my ocd, that light mount on the side would drive me crazy.[/QUOTE]
Yea I'm still toying with ideas. I don't hate the mount but deff not the most visually appealing

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back