Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm waiting for parts from synergy they havent shipped orders from mid may until June 26th. Once I get those I will do a fresh water leak test. This weekend I'm placing a big order with BRS for my neptunes conteoller, gyre, ai hydra 52 hd.
What gyre are you going to order? I have been thinking about switching to one from my jaebo pp4's.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What gyre are you going to order? I have been thinking about switching to one from my jaebo pp4's.
I think I'm going to go with the xf 250. I've done tons of research on these vs votecs and it seems you get better flow across the whole tank that echotech. One huge thing that I've read is there's very few dead spots and I like how they are long and spread the flow out. Also the thinking about getting the unit to control the pump with the apex, but not 100% sold on it yet

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so here's the work done over the weekend install of the RODI system

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to work some OT at work today but after work I hope to get my other electronic cabinet installed and start the adventure of getting my apex set up and running wires cleanly. One thing I learned from my build a few years ago is that neatness is key to keeping equipment clean and operational. Hopefully I can get come pics up later today

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So while I wait for my final plumbing parts from synergy I spent the evening getting the electric side of the build done. First of all I added a waterproof outlet cover for extra protection even though it's on a gfci outlet. I added another IKEA cabinet on the left side of the stand to match the right side.

IMG_0058.JPG

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started to feed cords to where the apex will be in the cabinet on the left side. So far I have my skimmer , heater , return pump and 2 power heads all to the left side control panel. I put a power head in the skimmer compartment and return compartment to hopefully prevent detritus from building up. Once I do the fresh water leak test and I like where the flow is I will then secure the Cords neatly inside the stand.

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And some more pics the hydra 52 hd mounted (not at final hieght ) and my completed cabinet on the right side of the stand with will store supplies once up and running.

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my plumbing order today! Getting ready to do my fresh water test. I was just going to do it with tap water since it will be drained right when I establish there's no leaks in the plumbing. Is this ok? Or will the little bit of tap water left behind (which will dry before I put rodi water in) effect water parameters?

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leak test in progress and I have to major concerns. The shadow overflow is leaking from the 2 bulk heads. All 4 rubber gaskets are in the right place. I'm not sure how to fix this as all my plumbing is hard plumbed. It's not a fast leak maybe a drip every few mins. I read that this maybe be a common problem among these overflows any suggestions?

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leak test in progress and I have to major concerns. The shadow overflow is leaking from the 2 bulk heads. All 4 rubber gaskets are in the right place. I'm not sure how to fix this as all my plumbing is hard plumbed. It's not a fast leak maybe a drip every few mins. I read that this maybe be a common problem among these overflows any suggestions?

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG
Are you able to put some silicone on it? If you could remove the overflow you could apply silicone to the rubber gaskets and tighten them down and let it dry for 24 hrs.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to put some silicone on it? If you could remove the overflow you could apply silicone to the rubber gaskets and tighten them down and let it dry for 24 hrs.
Yes I actually ended up having the gaskets in the wrong spot, I moved them and now more leaks !

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back