OP
fishybudguy

fishybudguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pipes run across the front and the back of the tank and exit through small nozzles. This is the closed loop part of my system.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish livestock is
5 cardinals
4 tangs
2 firefish
1 mandarin
1 sixline wrasse
1 cleaner wrasse
600 snails
1000 crabs
4 sand sifters
1 huge brittle star
2 cleaner shrimp
I’m sure I’m missing more but this is a start lol
Wow 600 snails and 1000 crabs ,holy smokes lol
Nice looking aquascape and good luck with your big boy tank ^_^

520aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So awesome. I love the depth of it and one day I hope to join the monster club they are so amazing the fish you can keep.

OP
OP
fishybudguy

fishybudguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So awesome. I love the depth of it and one day I hope to join the monster club they are so amazing the fish you can keep.
Thank you very much, this is my fourth tank build in the 30 plus years. I put everything I’ve learned into this build. I feel this will be last final dream tank but you never know lol

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pipes run across the front and the back of the tank and exit through small nozzles. This is the closed loop part of my system.
OK sorry, I understand now and after looking at the pics more carefully. Are you worried about sand, snails, etc. getting into the seabed nozzles---particularly when the associated pumps are off? Not a criticism, just curious. I don't think I've seen this plumbing setup before.

OP
OP
fishybudguy

fishybudguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK sorry, I understand now and after looking at the pics more carefully. Are you worried about sand, snails, etc. getting into the seabed nozzles---particularly when the associated pumps are off? Not a criticism, just curious. I don't think I've seen this plumbing setup before

OP
OP
fishybudguy

fishybudguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, the pumps never sit off. I don’t think there would be anyway for the nozzles to get clogged up with anything

OP
OP
fishybudguy

fishybudguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo I’m going to update a list and hopefully a video of the current tank tomorrow. Thank you to everyone for our kind comments. This is a labor of love, especially since I spent 4 hrs last night plumbing in my new monster Uv sterilizer. I’m just happy everyone is growing and happy in the new setup

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo I’m going to update a list and hopefully a video of the current tank tomorrow. Thank you to everyone for our kind comments. This is a labor of love, especially since I spent 4 hrs last night plumbing in my new monster Uv sterilizer. I’m just happy everyone is growing and happy in the new setup
I’ve been planning the UV on my system too. I’m interested to see which one you sent with and how you plumbed it.

OP
OP
fishybudguy

fishybudguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been planning the UV on my system too. I’m interested to see which one you sent with and how you plumbed it.
I went with the 80 watt pentair. Price was high but I get what you pay for. I have to much money in fish and corals to chance it on a subpar unit. I’ll take pictures in a little bit

1000rrstunna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What pumps are you using on the closed loop do the nozzles flow even or are the last ones weaker

Back