Jello's Playground

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank has progressed very quickly since you got back into the hobby. I really miss my old 75 and especially my 5 gallon nano. Any plans to try your hand at some sticks at some point? You could grow some nice ones with all the vertical space available in that 55. I'll probably end up doing another set up after my 33 long is up and running just for softies. I'll have too much light and current in the 33 long for softies to thrive. Zoas, paly's, mushrooms, xenia, etc. are just too cool not to have. I see an AIO in my future.

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Your tank has progressed very quickly since you got back into the hobby. I really miss my old 75 and especially my 5 gallon nano. Any plans to try your hand at some sticks at some point? You could grow some nice ones with all the vertical space available in that 55. I'll probably end up doing another set up after my 33 long is up and running just for softies. I'll have too much light and current in the 33 long for softies to thrive. Zoas, paly's, mushrooms, xenia, etc. are just too cool not to have. I see an AIO in my future.
I actually have one in there right now and purchased another one through these live sales this weekend! Some incredible varieties out there!!

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have one in there right now and purchased another one through these live sales this weekend! Some incredible varieties out there!!
If you find yourself getting interested in SPS, you gotta check out Battle Corals. IMHO Adam is the man when it comes to aquacultured SPS. I'm sure there are some other really good online vendors out there nowadays, but I see he is still going strong. His sight is worth checking out just for the pictures of the corals he has.

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If you find yourself getting interested in SPS, you gotta check out Battle Corals. IMHO Adam is the man when it comes to aquacultured SPS. I'm sure there are some other really good online vendors out there nowadays, but I see he is still going strong. His sight is worth checking out just for the pictures of the corals he has.
So I've been told!! I was checking out his stock during the live sale! Incredible pieces!

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank. Really nice progress in 16 or so months. And I love the touch of the engagement in your journey. You should change your user name to OrchdMrs ;)
Well Done Good Job GIF by You Blew It!

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoyed your tank build from the beginning...Wow...it's really looking gorgeous!! And congrats on the marriage! Amazed at how many things you keep going...tanks , animals, work and painting and photography as well...Very nice!! I'm hoping to just keep one small freshwater tank and one medium salt tank afloat....lol

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Enjoyed your tank build from the beginning...Wow...it's really looking gorgeous!! And congrats on the marriage! Amazed at how many things you keep going...tanks , animals, work and painting and photography as well...Very nice!! I'm hoping to just keep one small freshwater tank and one medium salt tank afloat....lol
Nothing wrong with that!! I may be a little mad hahaha
alice in wonderland GIF

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
12/4 update :
Added a bunch of new beauties from #TopShelfAquatics!!
Everyone looks happy
Slowly removing some unsightly palys and adjusted the rockscape a smidge.
I'll post a better photo or two tomorrow when everything has settled a bit more.
20211204_145744.jpg

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
A photo I snapped quickly after adding what I think is my last shipment of corals and another piece of rock leftover from my work build.
Water was still cloudy after moving things around a bit, and I did adjust a couple corals after taking this.
I'll add a nice clear photo tomorrow!

20211210_160505.jpg

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
20220105_220825.jpg

Insomnia is a real, annoying, part of my life.
Saw this guy clocking in for the night shift while I was down there spying on everyone.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back