shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230128_135123.jpg

Its doing ok.
Had some ups and downs. A couple torches disappeared out of nowhere, I kinda smashed my gorgeous frogspawn while moving rocks and she's really mad right now. Still dealing with aiptasia. Going back in with F aiptasia again tonight.
Added some more live rock from the 220lbs I got. Just letting it be for a while. Budget is super tight right now. I'm making lists of what I want to get eventually, coralwise. May not he til my bday til I can afford much of anything
I hear ya on the aiptasia they are tricky I’ve tried everything lol the tanks looking beautiful also hopefully you can eradicate them !

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Are you able to get your hands on berghia nudis? I tried EVERYTHING before biting the bullet and adding a dozen berghia under the cover of darkness. Took awhile to do the trick, but after 6 months of slowly disappearing haven't seen one in a year and a half
I'm trying to get my hands on some that aren't $20/ea plus $50 shipping.... hah.
My LFS said they would try to get some in, but still, $25/ea.
Also, want to make sure my hawk and trigger won't gobble them up.

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That’s a beautiful tank! Nice Trigger as well! Quick question have you had any experience with Yasha Gobies? I like them, but idk how well they would do in a very active tank. If you need a list of all the fish I can do that for you. I have a cave entrance done with the L shape pvc being the cave and surrounded by rock with the pvc back piece going downwards in the sand. They would dig in that right?

edit: That wasn’t such a quick question was it :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I've never owned a Yasha. I do need to get a new goby for my 20g. I have 2 pistols in there with no symbiote.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to get my hands on some that aren't $20/ea plus $50 shipping.... hah.

Yeah, the cost on nudis has become ridiculous. There is a thread that I’m following where the OP is having good success with propagating them.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy, do I need to update this thread a little.. Until then, here's Jello checking out the awesome towel @Mhamilton0911 made for me!!!!
I'm sending out your stickers tomorrow!!!
20221024_183723.jpg
@Mhamilton0911 has made me some pretty awesome towels too!

Trying to catch all of your threads, bare with me...

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mhamilton0911 has made me some pretty awesome towels too!

Trying to catch all of your threads, bare with me...

Bare with you? Bare with you? You want all of us to take our clothes off with you? Well, okaaaaay, here we gooooo! :p

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bare with you? Bare with you? You want all of us to take our clothes off with you? Well, okaaaaay, here we gooooo! :p
well its that or you morph into a bear, choose your poison

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they're ridiculous in price. It's the most I ever spent on livestock as a cheapskate, but every dollar is one I don't regret. I had several wrasse including a leopard that was a flatworm and baby bristleworm eating queen. With a night introduction they were pretty good at keeping their distance. I legit only saw them 1 time 3 months after I added them checking the tank with a red light at night. There were easily 5x as many as I ordered all huddled at the base of an aiptasia going to town.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they're ridiculous in price. It's the most I ever spent on livestock as a cheapskate, but every dollar is one I don't regret. I had several wrasse including a leopard that was a flatworm and baby bristleworm eating queen. With a night introduction they were pretty good at keeping their distance. I legit only saw them 1 time 3 months after I added them checking the tank with a red light at night. There were easily 5x as many as I ordered all huddled at the base of an aiptasia going to town.
MOST expensive snack for my tank to date :rolleyes: I'm just coming to terms with aiptasia living with me. After the move I'll cross my fingers for a productive CBB.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MOST expensive snack for my tank to date :rolleyes: I'm just coming to terms with aiptasia living with me. After the move I'll cross my fingers for a productive CBB.
When did you add them? I genuinely thought they all died for 2 months

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did you add them? I genuinely thought they all died for 2 months
Oh I've tried a few times, caught my dusky and marine betta meticulously picking them off the rockwork.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Granted that was in the old tank, about 6 months before the downsize. They definitely didn't make it. I planned to put them in the cube before moving the fish so they could clean up the rock I moved, but then Ian hit and we postponed the delivery, then the company forgot to ship and I ended up just cancelling. Maybe I'll try again after the move.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I mean…..we’ve already seen someone’s legs…. :p

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very busy day today and I hope you had a nice Sunday!

Below is the thread about breeding nudis I mentioned previously. Cool stuff!

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Today was TatTuesday!
Anyone else do anything fun?
Granted, I know it's Tuesday. I like to be a rebel and do fun things on Tuesdays so they're not so boring.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was TatTuesday!
Anyone else do anything fun?
Granted, I know it's Tuesday. I like to be a rebel and do fun things on Tuesdays so they're not so boring.
Because I’m in Colombia South America rn I went to tourist destination city of Salento in the mountains and walked around for the day.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Because I’m in Colombia South America rn I went to tourist destination city of Salento in the mountains and walked around for the day.
Smuggling coral back with ya'... ;) :D

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back