OP
OP
M

Montiguy1287

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I’m going to bestbuy tomorrow to pick up the NetGear powerline 1200. From what I’m reading it’s the best way to add WiFi to the apex jr. Will connect my EB8 into it and have everything set up tomorrow.

I currently have a couple float valves. Anyone have any experience using the apex ATO module or the tunze? I want to make sure that anything moving water or adding water to the tank is the best. Any opinions on best ATO

OP
OP
M

Montiguy1287

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any diff between the two? Reliability, accuracy, control? I love controlling everything on my apex so I can go on vacation and not worry. I want my salinity to stay constant. I’m currently finding my tank evaporates a good 3-5 cups of water a day depending on the day. It’s really dry up here in South Dakota in the winter but really humid in the summer. I want something that I can install and have peace of mind that it works exactly as needed

hafer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tunze has a optical eye and a back up float valve. I run a 10 gallon tank for fresh water top off for each tank. I haven't had a issue with either or...... If u got the money dont skimp here! Go with the tunze, although the pump is loud. Redundancy!

OP
OP
M

Montiguy1287

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ew I don’t like loud. Although I have extra pumps that aren’t loud. I could probably just as easy switch it out. Some things in skimp on, I.e. using dry rock for $3 a pound as it’ll eventually become “live” but when it comes to maintaining levels in the tank or moving water, I want the “best” in quality, energy consumption, and noise

OP
OP
M

Montiguy1287

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure! I’m actually contemplating it moving the rock from my 29 due to potential nasties

OP
OP
M

Montiguy1287

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank has gone through a lot. There’s cyano, gha and bubble algae In that tank, there’s also a lot of zoas like bam bams, Rasta’s and some green plays that turned out to be kind of invasive that I’d prefer not be in the new tank. I suppose I could cut all the zoas off?

hafer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank has gone through a lot. There’s cyano, gha and bubble algae In that tank, there’s also a lot of zoas like bam bams, Rasta’s and some green plays that turned out to be kind of invasive that I’d prefer not be in the new tank. I suppose I could cut all the zoas off?

Please be cautious of palytoxin (sp?) On thoes palys

OP
OP
M

Montiguy1287

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea I learned. I was fragging them once and took a squirt right to the eye. I considered myself extremely lucky as nothing happened but it’s gloves and goggles from now ok

OP
OP
M

Montiguy1287

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea I learned. I was fragging them once and took a squirt right to the eye. I considered myself extremely lucky as nothing happened but it’s gloves and goggles from now ok

OP
OP
M

Montiguy1287

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an mp10. The setup came with Koralias, not mp40’s like I thought it did. (It was literally a big plastic tote full of equipment so just getting through it all while it’s cycling). That being said, the mp10 will go in the tank probably. Think I should go one mp40 to compliment the mp10, get 2 mp40’s, or go mp10 and the koralias (my personal least favorite option). Goal is to provide the best flow without blowing things away while having he least amount of pumps in the tank. I’ve also thought about the gyre but have no experience with them. Someone is currently selling two mp40 with qd drivers for 175 shipped each and thought about jumping on them.

hafer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an mp10. The setup came with Koralias, not mp40’s like I thought it did. (It was literally a big plastic tote full of equipment so just getting through it all while it’s cycling). That being said, the mp10 will go in the tank probably. Think I should go one mp40 to compliment the mp10, get 2 mp40’s, or go mp10 and the koralias (my personal least favorite option). Goal is to provide the best flow without blowing things away while having he least amount of pumps in the tank. I’ve also thought about the gyre but have no experience with them. Someone is currently selling two mp40 with qd drivers for 175 shipped each and thought about jumping on them.

Heck ya go jump on that deal! I just paid like 350 for a new mp40qd. I'm running 2 jebao pp-15s on my 75g. I have pretty coarse sand and if I turn them up past 2 of 8 sand blows everywhere! I actually have them running for 1 minute alternating, left is set on 3 and right on 1
20171112_124010.jpg 20171112_124021.jpg 20171119_154135.jpg

OP
OP
M

Montiguy1287

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks good. I tried to buy them but they sold already. Based off what you’re saying it sounds like the mp40 and mp10 convo is the way to go?

hafer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks good. I tried to buy them but they sold already. Based off what you’re saying it sounds like the mp40 and mp10 convo is the way to go?

It really depends on things like live stock and rock structure. Mine are overkill but these jebao pumps get weeker as they get older in my opinon, and im not on top of routine powerhead cleaning maintenance. Lol

OP
OP
M

Montiguy1287

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think of the gyre’s? Plan is primarily SPS tank here with some lps and a clam on lower areas.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back