OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to come up from 5.92 in mine... my tank is destroying alk...
Original I was trying to dose what one of those stupid calculators said to do to get to 8. It was like 20ml! I did that once and everything got mad lol. So I let it sit for awhile let everything go back down. And yup waited to long. Was at 7.5 a few days ago. I decided I would do 5ml a day till I hit 8.5. Obviously the tank is using it. I test every night around 8pm. Once I hit 8.5 I won’t dose that night and then check to see what it’s at the next. Depending on what that number is I’ll go from there.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided this is my next build to read. I’ll post again when I’m caught up
Here if your going to read start with this one lol

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original I was trying to dose what one of those stupid calculators said to do to get to 8. It was like 20ml! I did that once and everything got mad lol. So I let it sit for awhile let everything go back down. And yup waited to long. Was at 7.5 a few days ago. I decided I would do 5ml a day till I hit 8.5. Obviously the tank is using it. I test every night around 8pm. Once I hit 8.5 I won’t dose that night and then check to see what it’s at the next. Depending on what that number is I’ll go from there.
Good plan.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added a power filter to my sump. And omg gross! I moved it to my DT after changing the filter material.

This is on recommendation from the moonshiners group. Oh yeah I’m doing that now.
No more water changes. Unless something looks off. Working on getting my alk up slowly. I’ve determined I don’t like using the calculators for figuring out dosing. As per an earlier post I’ve been dosing 5 ml of ESV b-ionic till I hit 8.5. Seems to be increasing my dKH by .2-3 a day.

I dose .35 manganese and rubidium daily. Send my next ICP test off on Monday.

I’m getting 4 fish on Saturday.

I am also getting a purple tang in a couple weeks. This will complete my fishies.

I am working on selling a few corals I’m not really liking. Making room for more corals I want.

I’m going to stick to zoas hammers gonis and alves.

I do have some Favia and favities, bowers, candy canes, two maze corals, two acan lords.

I’m gonna try and be on my best behavior and not buy anything till I get my current collection into permanent locations. Which means lots of superglue

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added a power filter to my sump. And omg gross! I moved it to my DT after changing the filter material.

This is on recommendation from the moonshiners group. Oh yeah I’m doing that now.
No more water changes. Unless something looks off. Working on getting my alk up slowly. I’ve determined I don’t like using the calculators for figuring out dosing. As per an earlier post I’ve been dosing 5 ml of ESV b-ionic till I hit 8.5. Seems to be increasing my dKH by .2-3 a day.

I dose .35 manganese and rubidium daily. Send my next ICP test off on Monday.

I’m getting 4 fish on Saturday.

I am also getting a purple tang in a couple weeks. This will complete my fishies.

I am working on selling a few corals I’m not really liking. Making room for more corals I want.

I’m going to stick to zoas hammers gonis and alves.

I do have some Favia and favities, bowers, candy canes, two maze corals, two acan lords.

I’m gonna try and be on my best behavior and not buy anything till I get my current collection into permanent locations. Which means lots of superglue
Can you walk me thought this power filter?

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So power filter

It’s an eco 633 pump and a A quaClear Quick Filter A-575 Powerhead Attachment with a 3 modifications. 1st mod is so you can attach the quick filter attachment. 2. Is removing the some of the black grating plastic stuff 3. Is using filter fleece vs what it comes with.

The pump then filters water through the quick filter and helps remove smaller particles from your tank or sump.

It helped me create flow in my sump while it was there. I am hoping it removes crud out of the DT right now as I have fine particles that never seem to make it out of the dT to the filter socks

To get the quick filter to attach to the pump I used a 1in slip x thread pvc thing. I had to use my dremel to sand the inside of the slip part to fit over the cap for the quick filter then just super glued it together. The threaded side threads into the pump

You should change filter material every 5 days or when the pump starts kicking micro bubbles (or when it looks gross!)

The original person said the pump will create a negative pressure and burst cells of things like dinos that get caught in it

@Lost in the Sauce

AquaClear Quick Filter A-575 Powerhead Attachment (fits Most Sizes Powerheads)

EcoPlus Eco 633 Fixed Flow Submersible/Inline Pump 594 GPH

Edit: I guess this was a lunch time post haha

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks homie. Happy goby spam
PXL_20210617_192615719.jpg

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today must be Rebecca updates her build thread day lol
Ok so I order some prodibio biodigest from Amazon. It cost me 35 bucks. It will last me until august 2022!
It’s claims

“ Bio digest is made up of nitrifying, nitrate reducing and facultative bacterial strains selected for their ability to convert ammonia into nitrites, nitrites into nitrates and nitrates into nitrogen. Biological filtration quickly gets underway thanks to nitrifying bacteria such as nitrosamines European and nitrobacteria winogradskyi. These bacteria 50 billion in each 1ml ampoule work together with each strain finishing off the work started by the others. Some are capable of biosynthesizing nitrate reducing enzymes in aerobic conditions. This enables water to be effectively purified, nitrates and phosphates to be reduced and prevents the spread of filamentous algae. Why should the product be dosed every two weeks? Bio digest is particularly effective in the first two weeks. The speed at which the bacteria develop differs from one strain to another. Bio digest guarantees optimal purification proportions for a fortnight. If you want to speed up the purification process, you should not increase doses but instead use the product more frequently.”

We shall see. Prodibio also makes some other stuff that has me intrigued but first let’s see what this does!

Added first vial today and will be adding one every 15 days per instructions

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 114 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back