OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates. I’ve been reading this thread the last couple days and I’m inspired.

Sorry, yes as mentioned I have lost alot, probably 90 percent of my collection and am having to restart-But I'll be back and there will be lots of pics.

My new phone sucks but I expected that being its an iPhone,but hey if you dont pay the bill you shouldn't complain-Not sure why I dont get notifications of new posts even when its checked "send notifications" both here and within my phone

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, yes as mentioned I have lost alot, probably 90 percent of my collection and am having to restart-But I'll be back and there will be lots of pics.
So sorry to hear about the loss, but glad you're bouncing back! Best of luck!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after the reboot and my tank finishing its cycle sometime around the first week Dec 2019 ( If I recall correctly) first acros went in mid December and he we are close to 6 months already.

Nothing spectacular to post but the babies are growing- Heres a few real quick point and shoot AWB no editing

_MG_5207.jpg

_MG_5208.jpg

_MG_5209.jpg

_MG_5210.jpg

_MG_5211.jpg

_MG_5212.jpg

_MG_5213.jpg

_MG_5214.jpg

_MG_5215.jpg

_MG_5217.jpg

_MG_5216.jpg

_MG_5218.jpg

_MG_5219.jpg

_MG_5220.jpg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the fourth acro? Almost reminds me of the Ponape Rosaria but not quite.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great, Brad! Was the reboot from a totally dry tank and full dry rock?

Totally dry tank- buffed out the scratches-Bleached all the rock for 2 weeks then Prime was added for another 2 week soak- ran vinegar through what plumbing wasn't replaced and 180 pounds of Arag Alive "live sand" and that was it
I seeded the tank with a large prawn and once the ammonia spiked I added Dr. Tims One and Only

Long answer- short version

Yes :)

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

Not in the way of pics since I need to break out the DSLR but things are doing great, I did lose a couple newer frags but overall things are good especially considering tanks just turning 8 months old.

Acros are going crazy, I just started daily dosing of nannochloropsis algae paste as well as Red Sea AB+

I stopped the reefers moonshine method and went back to weekly water changes last week too,not that the moonshine was bad but I didnt see any "accelerated growth"

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that was a fast 2 years. Sadly not long after those above posts I had yet another mysterious set back. Many acros continued to grow "okay" but nothing like the days of old.

Something still wasn't right.

Some pieces grew well, others just did nothing, absolutely nothing, nothing positive anyway.

Fast forward to where I am today. Acros seem to be good but I've jinxed myself in the past for being to optimistic to fast so I'll just say they seem good.

I've actually started looking at the forum again- woo hoo (knock on wood)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well that was a fast 2 years. Sadly not long after those above posts I had yet another mysterious set back. Many acros continued to grow "okay" but nothing like the days of old.

Something still wasn't right.

Some pieces grew well, others just did nothing, absolutely nothing, nothing positive anyway.

Fast forward to where I am today. Acros seem to be good but I've jinxed myself in the past for being to optimistic to fast so I'll just say they seem good.

I've actually started looking at the forum again- woo hoo (knock on wood)
Sorry about the setbacks, man, but glad you're venturing back. I've missed seeing your posts. Wishing you well as you continue to press on in 2022!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back