My anemone is not attaching to any rock. is it dying?

longbeachreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anemone isn’t attaching to anything since i put it in my tank. ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate are at zero and salinity is at 1.024. I have corals in here doing fine just wondering what is up with the anemone.

image.jpg

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a bleached LTA, which is a sand dwelling anemone. Some folks dig a little pocket of sand out by a rock in a low flow spot and place the foot of the anemone in it and that seems to help.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a bleached LTA.

I would turn down lighting, Shut off all flow in the tank, dig down in your sand as far as you can and place the foot up against the glass if possible backfill the sand a little bit and leave the flow off for an hour.When you turn the flow back on do it slowly.

Give it a chance to orient and get settled.. It may move. Use the search function up top to read about care and husbandry of bleached anemones.. by providing healthy stable water conditions, and the right foods, That guy could be tip top.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just feed everyday and it will be good soon. I got the same 6 months ago. And it it healthy now.
Feeding a freshly transplanted nem every day is asking for trouble.

Transfer = stress. Digestion too big or too often, especially having to regurgitate undigested food is a stressor that a sick anenome doesn't need.

Slowly start feeding it when it's settled and gradually increase portions or lower frequency.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding a freshly transplanted nem every day is asking for trouble.

Transfer = stress. Digestion too big or too often, especially having to regurgitate undigested food is a stressor that a sick anenome doesn't need.

Slowly start feeding it when it's settled and gradually increase portions or lower frequency.
This right here. Feed once settled and staying expanded all day. Very small pieces of mysis are recommended to start.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back