My best nano so fare. ADA 60f, Mangroves and corals - whats not to love.

OP
OP
JohnnyTabasco

JohnnyTabasco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220812_110530.jpg

The big tank is finally gone.

Justin_Casper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rinse the pre-filter sponges once a week. That's it.
The main compartment is filled with live rock and ceramic media. It's actually a bit too aggressive, but there I have almost zero maintenance on this tank.
Amazing. What filter are you using? I assume it’s Oase based on the inflow/outflow but which model? I just bought one of the thermo models and going to just put a bit of floss and then live rock/media in the big chamber with the heater.

OP
OP
JohnnyTabasco

JohnnyTabasco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing. What filter are you using? I assume it’s Oase based on the inflow/outflow but which model? I just bought one of the thermo models and going to just put a bit of floss and then live rock/media in the big chamber with the heater.
It's the 250 thermo, it a really great filter. Can't believe I've been spending so much time and money and frustration on sumps and equipment on my previous builds.
The option to close of the connections is ingenious, just remember to do that before you remove the pre-filter and you will have no water on the floor.
I'm about to install a uv filter to help with a small algae problem I have after the nutrients bottomed out. So the filter is very effective.
BTW I also use a bit of floss in the pre-filter. I just wrap it around the sponges, but just a small amount.

OP
OP
JohnnyTabasco

JohnnyTabasco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230216_141155.jpg
20230216_154931.jpg

20230216_144105.jpg
I installed a uv to help with a bit for dino control. Was a tight squeeze,maybe I'll take measurements before I order my next piece of equipment

Justin_Casper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. I was thinking about adding the same UV.

Last couple questions. How do you deal with surface film using the stock inflow/outflow from the Oase? Also, how does the temp control work on the heater or do you have a secondary controller hooked up?

OP
OP
JohnnyTabasco

JohnnyTabasco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. I was thinking about adding the same UV.

Last couple questions. How do you deal with surface film using the stock inflow/outflow from the Oase? Also, how does the temp control work on the heater or do you have a secondary controller hooked up?
I modified the stock plumping, so it draws in water from the surface as well. It took some experimentation, but works great now.
Oase also makes a great looking electric surfaceskimmer...
I just use the heater in the oase. I wish I could ad a titanium one, but didn't think it's possible. I check the temp regularly- I don't trust heaters.
The UV seams great, but please check for leaks. I did one last check before I went to bed last night, and sure enough it was dripping. It was my own fault, but pure luck I checked.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back