00reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Derasa has really had a growth spurt over the last few months.. check out all the new shell growth :)

2352C52C-2DF3-458A-9678-1D9CC9FF1F6E.jpeg

I've just been checking out your thread. Your reef tank is amazing and your color is unreal. I've only started the thread and I have a "ways to go" ;Bookworm, but I couldn't help myself to skip ahead.

I like your philosophy (old school), keeping it simple and cost effective (at least for a reef tank). That's what I want to focus on for my next build. Thanks for the ideas! Also, thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of us and allowing us to follow along with you. Continued success on your beautiful masterpiece!

Last edited:

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just been checking out your thread. Your reef tank is amazing and you color is unreal. I've only started the thread and I have a "ways to go" ;Bookworm, but I couldn't help myself to skip ahead.

I like your philosophy (old school), keeping it simple and cost effective (at least for a reef tank). That's what I want to focus on for my next build. Thanks for the ideas! Also, thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of us and allowing us to follow along with you. Continued success on your beautiful masterpiece!

Well said, it doesn't need to be as complicated as some people make out! ;)

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have enjoyed reading through your thread. I have a used 40B and sump I picked up years ago I am planning to get running this summer when I collect more gear, it’s been great to see you using some of the same stuff I have been looking at.

Curious how you feel about the metal stand 8 months in? I am considering building a wood one but am lukewarm on the idea, those metal stands look like a nice alternative.

Thanks for stopping by my build thread.. I’m having mixed emotions with the stand, it was cheap and easy but not as solid as I would have hoped for. I’m fairly confident it will be ok but If I had it to do again I would probably make one out of wood.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is so colorful!

Agreed I’m hoping my build will look half as good!

I've just been checking out your thread. Your reef tank is amazing and your color is unreal. I've only started the thread and I have a "ways to go" ;Bookworm, but I couldn't help myself to skip ahead.

Wow! Looks amazing!

Congrats [emoji122]

Thank you everyone! :)

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!

Thanks man.. it’s been neglected for the last couple weeks as I have been fighting the flu but I did manage a water change yesterday and I’m trying to get up enough energy to clean my nasty skimmer.. lol

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man.. it’s been neglected for the last couple weeks as I have been fighting the flu but I did manage a water change yesterday and I’m trying to get up enough energy to clean my nasty skimmer.. lol
You can do it! Lol. I just did a water change the other day, first one in 2 months, I know the struggle, lol.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back