A520326B-3690-49FC-8CB0-37D84A6110FC.jpeg

0B0D0278-7ED7-4ED6-87EF-A555078612EA.jpeg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice! I just read through all 3 pages...

some thing about the 40BR not sure what it is but man there sexy tanks. I just set up up today as a temp. LR/coral/fish tank while I move the 90 rimless. but love the foot print of the 4obr...all said and done I think there one of the better options out there .

how do you like the eshops overflow? I am thinking about taking out the monster of an internal overflow on my 90 and just doing an HOB overflow... I would love to drill it bit make drilling a $700+ is a lot different than the 40br I did and still only have a 50% success rate for that.

glad you "get" hang the light from the ceiling its a good look! for my 40br light I have the 36" Build my led strip light love those things to bad they stopped making SW light to focus on grow lighting :(

oh I got some the the LR from KP last year for a 20L nano its good stuff. there great ppl for sure. make sure you lighting not to much I lost a bit of coarline over time. not sure what was the issue.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice! I just read through all 3 pages...

some thing about the 40BR not sure what it is but man there sexy tanks. I just set up up today as a temp. LR/coral/fish tank while I move the 90 rimless. but love the foot print of the 4obr...all said and done I think there one of the better options out there .

how do you like the eshops overflow? I am thinking about taking out the monster of an internal overflow on my 90 and just doing an HOB overflow... I would love to drill it bit make drilling a $700+ is a lot different than the 40br I did and still only have a 50% success rate for that.

glad you "get" hang the light from the ceiling its a good look! for my 40br light I have the 36" Build my led strip light love those things to bad they stopped making SW light to focus on grow lighting :(

oh I got some the the LR from KP last year for a 20L nano its good stuff. there great ppl for sure. make sure you lighting not to much I lost a bit of coarline over time. not sure what was the issue.

Thanks for stopping by :D the eshopps overflow is working great! Have never drilled a tank in over 30 years of reefing, the hang on overflows are all I have used.. the trick to them is flow, you must push them to the upper end of there flow rating to prevent air from building up in the U tube.. pretty sure I can safely say no air pocket is ever gong to form in this eshopps just to much flow

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my plan for the KP rock is to lay it out flat in my bare bottom tank and let it cure and cycle with the no lights and mostly covered for 2-3 months..

I will try to trap or eradicate any pest during this period as well as regularly rotating and blowing off rock with a small power head and turkey baster, the glass bottom will make it easy to syphon detritus and particulates out of tank when doing water changes during the curing process but at some point I will go ahead and add sand so it can populate with bacteria during the tail end of cycle..

Once I feel rock is ready and the majority of pest have been removed I plan to do my aqua scape using the 1/3 rule, the majority of my past reefs have just been a wall of rock across the back of tank but with this build I’m looking to use less rock, create visual depth and also increase flow.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock will be here tomorrow ;Wideyed though it would be a week or so before they shipped it, guess I’ll be searching for critters tomorrow night :D

C5BCADBE-0D32-42D6-8ACD-37DAB6D364E7.png

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, I have some arriving tomorrow!

Really impressed with the rock.. super fresh, fresh ocean smell when I cut the plastic, very clean and no visible dead stuff except a hand full of crabs in bottom of box. now I’m wondering if there will be enough die off to start my cycle. I’ll get more pictures up soon

Really nice build so far. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Thanks for following along.. now comes the boring part waiting for the curing if there will even be any and the tank cycle.

Solis Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EE5C5455-C315-45F3-A9CC-538F22D0961B.jpeg
53218011-EBBF-4A17-9733-672F587C03E1.jpeg
It looks good the only thing I will change is that I will drill the tank it will save you some headache down the road. I recently drill a 20 gallon from petco for my last build it wasn’t that hard a little scary but not hard.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
drill the tank it will save you some headache down the road.

No headaches with HOB’s been using them for 30 years with absolutely no issues at all

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back