OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks ok I suppose, send it over so we can see what it looks like under proper lights, I promise (insert Pinocchio nose) to send it back! :p

Sure thing.. you just cover the overnight post to England ;);Greedy;Wideyed;Hilarious

Very nice. :)

Thanks, I’m absolutely thrilled with it! only cost me like $80 shipped, it was on sale but I think they may have had it originally priced wrong :)

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that! I'm happy for you!

Thanks! I had also heard from others they where finicky and harder to keep compared to the green so after your post I thought I was in for a long wait before I could enjoy it.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1F1F9F3E-18F1-4B4D-A294-4825FF0BE1D3.jpeg

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol.. you know what’s funny, you can see it in the last picture my scoly is much more puffy than normal.. It’s like it knows it has same new competition for favorite coral status :D

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I think I have mastered the RKL.. was able to calibrate temp prob, set it up to turn lights on/off for my refugium , control my RB accent lights on the Reef and I calibrated and installed PH probe .. next will be setting up overflow shut off’s switch’s for my fuge and exploring what else I might do with the controller.

8486FFAE-E0CC-417F-A88C-974A5DB9422B.jpeg

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks is looking awesome! The new additions are really filling it in.

Thanks man.. loving the new residents! after all these years I still get a indescribable thrill introducing new corals into my tanks, this hobby is a sickness ;)

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man.. loving the new residents! after all these years I still get a indescribable thrill introducing new corals into my tanks, this hobby is a sickness ;)
Yeah, it is called addiction for a reason. :) I curbed that feeling and learned to take pleasure in the process such as QT, testing, and water change. It was hard to schooch that feeling aside.

Looking beautiful!

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it is called addiction for a reason. :) I curbed that feeling and learned to take pleasure in the process such as QT, testing, and water change. It was hard to schooch that feeling aside.

Looking beautiful!

Thanks Victoria.. at least I have gotten over the impulse buying ;) I crashed more than one tank from housing inappropriate live stock I purchased on a whim back when I was just starting out.. Sea Apple comes to mind ;Facepalm:mad:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously? The orange plate just had to make a liar outta me! I'm glad it did! It actually makes me wonder if they just like more light now.

Just a fibber ;) I think they like moderate light and lower flow, mine is getting probably around 150-160 PAR on the sand bed where it’s at.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you can have some ;Spam too, new little resident now in, this was in the bag, phone pic! ;)

0108cadd09b5d46242e59674fbe6b5c3b3d98b3a07.jpg

Nice! I’ve been thinking about getting one for my tank also.. I’ll be over to give your journal a good spamming shortly :D

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! You moved the orange plate. I think it works centered because there is nothing else to really balance that unusual color in there. It creates a beautiful separation along the front between the two main structure fore areas. Nice job.

EDIT: I guess it was always there. That other image was more zoomed in. Still looks great.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back