OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have played with my lighting over time and after reviewing some of my old pictures I realized that I had dialed up my blues a little to much. I dialed them back and turned up my whites to balance colors out. tank looks better, getting better pictures and @najer might get off my back ;)

BBF4F05A-0989-49D9-94D7-76CC15F15161.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so considering damsels or chromis, can't make my mind up! ;)

I’m all about cheap and easy ;) I wanted 5 or 6 chromis but they are riddled with bacterial infections here in the states.. I went through about a dozen and just gave up;Facepalm the Asure and Talbot damsels I have are supposed to be the most docile of the damsels but one of the talbot’s is a little *** already and I’m sure it will get worse as they age.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m all about cheap and easy ;) I wanted 5 or 6 chromis but they are riddled with bacterial infections here in the states.. I went through about a dozen and just gave up;Facepalm the Asure and Talbot damsels I have are supposed to be the most docile of the damsels but one of the talbot’s is a little *** already and I’m sure it will get worse as they age.
Prolly true. But have you seen the sapphire damsel? Wow!

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prolly true. But have you seen the sapphire damsel? Wow!

Yes they are nice! maybe I’ll throw a couple of those in the mix :) With all the issues with fish these days I’m not really interested in larger or expensive species.. I basically just want fish to feed my corals and provide some movement in the water column.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful addition..

Hellloooo feeding repsonse! Nice!

Thanks man.. the new lobo is sick! I had never seen those color combinations, the ultra neon green center against the Tie-dye colored rim provides a crazy contrast. BTW.. those acans are always hungry ;) I have pretty much stopped feeding them because they where growing to fast!

1E98850D-38DE-48E9-B95E-645FA34C4F9C.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man.. the new lobo is sick! I had never seen those color combinations, the ultra neon green center against the Tie-dye colored rim provides a crazy contrast. BTW.. those acans are always hungry ;) I have pretty much stopped feeding them because they where growing to fast!

1E98850D-38DE-48E9-B95E-645FA34C4F9C.jpeg

U feeding frozen foods or just reef roids or equivalent?

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U feeding frozen foods or just reef roids or equivalent?

I’m constantly changing up food, kinda whatever I have on hand but Reef Roids is always a component of the mix. Recently I have been just using a chunk of frozen LRS, a scoop of Roids and a little water to make a thick paste.. my scoly and the new lobo go nuts for it!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate the new forum format!! Been spending to much time on here anyway..
It is pretty drastic. Definitely. Personally, I am having less issues and that is most important to me.

(and I would miss you and your tank)

Back