OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May need to change my thread title.. lol, I just updated my totals on Tank and equipment and I’m over $1,700 :oops: I added the coral box doser’s and realized I had never included the BRS parasitic pump for my Kalkwasser.. all these added another another $200 to the bottom line.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May need to change my thread title.. lol, I just updated my totals on Tank and equipment and I’m over $1,700 :oops: I added the coral box doser’s and realized I had never included the BRS parasitic pump for my Kalkwasser.. all these added another another $200 to the bottom line.
Never add it all up!

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never add it all up!

Ha! Good advice.. Im only keeping track of totals because this is supposed to be a budget build, still think I’m doing great with what I have put together Vs cost.. if I had purchased a high end aquarium and all top of the line equipment I would easily be at 6-8k by this point.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That frag pic with dimples... she's just beautiful!

Thank you Katrina! Sometimes I wish I could roll the clock back and relive those days.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing pumps are here :) Incredibly fast service from ReefBreeders! I wasn’t expecting them until next week.. they look fantastic and even come with extra heads, hose, anti syphons and calibration vessels to verify proper operation.

EB7E567B-57AF-418A-9ACD-1978593AC159.jpeg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing pumps are here :) Incredibly fast service from ReefBreeders! I wasn’t expecting them until next week.. they look fantastic and even come with extra heads, hose, anti syphons and calibration vessels to verify proper operation.

EB7E567B-57AF-418A-9ACD-1978593AC159.jpeg

That is great service. :)

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super awesome build thread! Found it very useful.

Where did you get the steel stand?

Thank you, the stand is from petco.. honestly I should have just built one as I’m not 100% confident in it, I tried to do lots of research on them and couldn’t find any reports of them failing but still makes me nervous.. lol. It’s probably fine I see guys with two 40 Breeders stacked on regular steel shelving like they have at Lowe’s or Home Depot for your garage I’m just paranoid;)

pieceofreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, the stand is from petco.. honestly I should have just built one as I’m not 100% confident in it, I tried to do lots of research on them and couldn’t find any reports of them failing but still makes me nervous.. lol. It’s probably fine I see guys with two 40 Breeders stacked on regular steel shelving like they have at Lowe’s or Home Depot for your garage I’m just paranoid;)
Thanks! I also did tons of research hit it seems tricky to find any steel or aluminum stands that fit well... If you don't pay for custom.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back